Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Battery Button Stuck

Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem yet?

Battery button stuck, can't load battery, now with the new update that means I can't fly

What the hell do I do here?

6c8ac460e6085d32a4ae789b7ec5e824.jpg

415cf1a4e2981b2fdaa610bfc330559c.jpg

did you try pressing the outer button back in and "gently" pry up on that locking tab??
Looks like that center button was pressed in too far......although it "should" not stick like that.

I ended up sending it in to DJI. They took care of it free of charge. I tried all kinds of different ways to help it from catching but nothing seemed to work so I gave up and sent it in.

I have the very same problem. It happened only with new batteries, the stock that drone came with NEVER gave me this problem, new batteries boom xxxxxx up. You can't load the batteries because the button is required to spring back up to lock them in place

Edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
This just happened to me today. Has anyone come up with a self repair? or am I going to need to send it in to DJI and just plan on not using this for the rest of the summer.......

This just happened to me today. Has anyone come up with a self repair? or am I going to need to send it in to DJI and just plan on not using this for the rest of the summer.......

Unfortunately no, I took my I2 apart because the button broke 2 days before once-a-year-event. I was furious. But no the button is not stuck it's broken and the whole battery compartment (Part 17?) Has to be replaced and there is not way to access the mechanism. Your one and only option to fix it is to send it back to DJi it will take about 3 weeks for them to send it back as I just got mine back last week. They will fix it free of charge. Do not try to fix it yourself as replacing battery compartment requires taking the whole drone apart. Again, send it to DJI no other option I'm sorry.

Inspire 2 Battery Compartment (Part 17)

This is the whole part that has to be replaced

Unfortunately no, I took my I2 apart because the button broke 2 days before once-a-year-event. I was furious. But no the button is not stuck it's broken and the whole battery compartment (Part 17?) Has to be replaced and there is not way to access the mechanism. Your one and only option to fix it is to send it back to DJi it will take about 3 weeks for them to send it back as I just got mine back last week. They will fix it free of charge. Do not try to fix it yourself as replacing battery compartment requires taking the whole drone apart. Again, send it to DJI no other option I'm sorry.

This is the whole part that has to be replaced

Shayd,

Thank you for the quick response. I have been googling for answers all afternoon with no luck. It would seem you are right and I'll have to send it back. 3 weeks is still a lot of time to be out of service.. I wonder if any of the local or at least US DJI service places can repair it any faster..

Anyway.. Thank you for your help.. and sorry that you had to go through this yourself.. Happy flying!

Reactions: Shayd
Hi @Maverik, sorry to hear about the battery button issue. The only time I've seen this issue is here on this IP thread. To have this issue repaired under warranty you would have to send the aircraft into DJI.

If timing is an issue, our service center could assist you but unfortunately our technicians do not service warranty claims as those are only serviced through DJI's Service Center down in Cerritos. It does look like we have the I2 Battery Compartment in-stock and could have the repair turned around within 1-2 days.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Dorothy Fix.jpg Hello ... I am from Panama, I have similar problem with
Inspire 2 Battery locking issue.... My I2 crash.... and change some part but now i have problem with battery locking.Dorothy Fix.jpg

Sadly this is DJI fix or replace the whole back end tbh, strip down is a MASIVE job to even get to this part. this is an area failures have been seen sadly.

As you have messed with the craft I doubt DJI will repair so if you do strip that back end down could you document it as it looks a pig.

Thank you for your comment, I hope DJI can improve your design and / or facilitate the purchase of small parts. . On the other hand, I just have problem with I2 Battery locking issue. I see many people have similar problem.

All your batteries should easily pop into the locks. Sometimes a battery will be very hard to lock into place. Check all of your batteries and if one is hard to push in and lock then that could be causing the spring to fail, especially on the left (Port) side

Last edited:
Hi @Maverik, sorry to hear about the battery button issue. The only time I've seen this issue is here on this IP thread. To have this issue repaired under warranty you would have to send the aircraft into DJI.

If timing is an issue, our service center could assist you but unfortunately our technicians do not service warranty claims as those are only serviced through DJI's Service Center down in Cerritos. It does look like we have the I2 Battery Compartment in-stock and could have the repair turned around within 1-2 days.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance. Thank you.

any idea what the cost for this repair is? I sadly ran into this issue yesterday, I preordered back in january 17, so im out of warranty, trying to scope out if i want to buy the part and repair on my own, or if i want to send to DJI or a different dealer. any ideas what DJI charges to do the repair. trying to expedite a repair, might be faster and less expensive to do myself. any thoughts?

A
any idea what the cost for this repair is? I sadly ran into this issue yesterday, I preordered back in january 17, so im out of warranty, trying to scope out if i want to buy the part and repair on my own, or if i want to send to DJI or a different dealer. any ideas what DJI charges to do the repair. trying to expedite a repair, might be faster and less expensive to do myself. any thoughts?

If you look at my post. Here is the part

$100 is not as bad but again. To replace this part you will NEED to take apart the whole Inspire until nothing but the legs are standing. Do NOT attempt to "learn as you go" with this part you will do more damage.

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP