Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Hoverboard Sunset Session

Yes... well captured. But... dang... what a gorgeous sunset! The colors on the water are spectacular.

Excellent work. Two questions, how did you achieve such rapid pan movements without the video becoming choppy and did you use spotlight pro to keep the subject centre frame or just excellent manual stick control?

Ohh, one other question, I guess you used exposure lock to prevent steps in exposure as you spun around?

For the sake of full disclosure, although I am an Inspire 2 owner/pilot, in this instance I was flying the Hoverboard and my good friend Ben was brilliantly operating the bird—fully manual, no spotlight pro. He definitely has some mad skills. Although Ben was well aware that I posted this the fact is that had I been in my right mind I probably wouldn't have. So if it does not conform to the forum rules then by all means mods feel free to move or delete it. In my defense, two days prior to posting the clip I had lost my I2 I had purchased just two months ago to the ocean waters and I was and still am traumatized and completely out of sorts. Total loss—DJI care had just expired, no Insurance and unforced user error. Not the first loss and probably won't be the last but certainly the worst….by far.

For the sake of full disclosure, although I am an Inspire 2 owner/pilot, in this instance I was flying the Hoverboard and my good friend Ben was brilliantly operating the bird—fully manual, no spotlight pro. He definitely has some mad skills. Although Ben was well aware that I posted this the fact is that had I been in my right mind I probably wouldn't have. So if it does not conform to the forum rules then by all means mods feel free to move or delete it. In my defense, two days prior to posting the clip I had lost my I2 I had purchased just two months ago to the ocean waters and I was and still am traumatized and completely out of sorts. Total loss—DJI care had just expired, no Insurance and unforced user error. Not the first loss and probably won't be the last but certainly the worst….by far.

I’m sorry to hear about your lost I2, you must be gutted.

I would love to know what camera and settings Ben used to achieve such smooth (non framey) panning shots. Whenever I pan my X5S at that rate I end up with a rather stuttery video, I call it framey but that’s probably not the correct term.

I have tried different shutter speeds from 1/25th through 1/50th and 1/100th at 25fps but can’t get smooth video on fast panning shots.

It would be great if Ben could provide some feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee