Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 power button fail

Reaction score
just received the I 2. A couple of cycles in The power button wouldn't switch the drone off. I had to pull the batteries. A few boot ups later it wouldn't switch on. No lights. Then it worked but again, wouldn't turn off. Has anyone else had this issue?

Not heard of anyone having a similar issue.

Just to make sure....You are doing the double press ie press once-pause-long press again to power on/off?

the other method you can use is the travel mode power sequence - 5 rapid presses of power button. If off, then that powers up and stands up. Or if already on, then it squats down and powers off (If the camera is attached, it'll squat and power down once the camera is removed).

Not heard of anyone having a similar issue.

Just to make sure....You are doing the double press ie press once-pause-long press again to power on/off?

the other method you can use is the travel mode power sequence - 5 rapid presses of power button. If off, then that powers up and stands up. Or if already on, then it squats down and powers off (If the camera is attached, it'll squat and power down once the camera is removed).
I've had a mavic for a couple of months so familiar with the DJI procedure. So I'm confident it's not user error. When the error occurs the button doesn't light up at all, even on the first press.

Do you have another set of batteries to try?
Unfortunately not. Got 4 on order but those guys are difficult to get hold of.
Strangely enough I tested again and the things started behaving again now. Guess I'll just keep an eye on it

Reactions: SanCap
There have been times I've had to give the power sequence presses several times before the drone would respond. That's happened on both Phantom and I2 and it's simply down to me being too quick or too slow with the presses

If it happens again for the normal double press, then try the travel mode 5-press and see if that works. If it doesn't, then you may have a bad or intermittent connection on the switch.

It may go away of it's own accord, but if it persists in doing it and you can make it happen deliberately, then I'd get it checked out by a dealer or DJI.

Thanks .. but it's not the sequencing. Even if your timings off the button should always light up when you press it once. There's definitely something strange going on. It fired up ok Again but when I tried to attach the X4s the gimble has spun around out of alignment so the slots won't marry up.

Oh that, wouldn't worry about that! It happened to me a couple of times. & That's definitely fumble fingers when you removed the gimbal or the gimbal mount cover ;) If you look at the cover cap that goes on the I2 you'll see a couple of holes that match two prongs on the I2 - you've probably not married them up fully and the holes have pushed the prongs around when you've put the cap on.

Easy enough to put right - press the gimbal lock button in and, with your fingers, very gently turn the connectors back to the correct position. It should go back easy enough. Don't try to force/use the camera gimbal to turn it back.

Oh that, wouldn't worry about that! It happened to me a couple of times. & That's definitely fumble fingers when you removed the gimbal or the gimbal mount cover ;) If you look at the cover cap that goes on the I2 you'll see a couple of holes that match two prongs on the I2 - you've probably not married them up fully and the holes have pushed the prongs around when you've put the cap on.

Easy enough to put right - press the gimbal lock button in and, with your fingers, very gently turn the connectors back to the correct position. It should go back easy enough. Don't try to force/use the camera gimbal to turn it back.
Thanks .. That worked.

OK Guys I think I've worked out what the issue is. When I first got the Inspire I was installing the camera (X4s) when the thing was powered up. I've since learnt that this isn't a good idea. Out of travel mode/power off/install gimbal/Boot up ... seems to have fixed it. I think the computer side of
things must have got confused. So basically ... user error.

Reactions: NickU
OK Guys I think I've worked out what the issue is. When I first got the Inspire I was installing the camera (X4s) when the thing was powered up. I've since learnt that this isn't a good idea. Out of travel mode/power off/install gimbal/Boot up ... seems to have fixed it. I think the computer side of
things must have got confused. So basically ... user error.
Forget that. It's still happening even when I switch off before installing or removing the camera so I'm returning it as faulty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee