Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 RTH issue

Reaction score
Over the last several days I have been having issues with the RTH function. I have the RTH height set at 50m and until recently it has been working fine. When I now activate the RTH function the Inspire just lowers the landing gear and starts descending wherever it is ie it doesn't return to home. Has anyone got the same issue or has an idea what is wrong?

Reactions: Mike Harmon
Over the last several days I have been having issues with the RTH function. I have the RTH height set at 50m and until recently it has been working fine. When I now activate the RTH function the Inspire just lowers the landing gear and starts descending wherever it is ie it doesn't return to home. Has anyone got the same issue or has an idea what is wrong?
What is your distance from the take off position/home point when this occurs?
What are your RTH function behavior settings (not just height)?

The distance was only about 150ft high and when it started to land it was coming down about 50ft from the home point on the ground. I made sure that the home point had been updated before take off. As for the RTH behaviour settings I will check and get back to you. In the past if the Inspire was higher than 50m it would descend to 50m, then travel to the home point and land. If it was below 50m it would climb to 50m, then travel to the home point and land. I'm not aware that I have altered any settings. I first noticed the issue after the last firmware update.

The distance was only about 150ft high and when it started to land it was coming down about 50ft from the home point on the ground. I made sure that the home point had been updated before take off. As for the RTH behaviour settings I will check and get back to you. In the past if the Inspire was higher than 50m it would descend to 50m, then travel to the home point and land. If it was below 50m it would climb to 50m, then travel to the home point and land. I'm not aware that I have altered any settings. I first noticed the issue after the last firmware update.
If your aircraft is less than 20m away then it will simply land rather than actually RTH. This is clearly explained on page 15 of the manual.
You also need to check that your RTH behavior settings haven't changed with the FW update and possibly been set to 'land' rather than what you have been used to.

That's great thanks. I wasn't aware of the 20m rule, I obviously didn't read the section carefully enough. I'll also check the setting as you advised.

Thanks again.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu