Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 w/ Laowa 7.5mm f/2 ultra wide lens

very nice, really makes me want this lens even more when I see footage like this. I believe you have to hot swap from an official lens to use this on the x5s. How do you find that? its the only thing putting me off really.

You don't need to hot swap. It'll work quite happily just mounting it to the x5s, certainly for photos and h264 video. You might need to hot swap for ProRes or CinemaDNG, some people do need to, some don't.

I'm finding it's taking a bit of working out how to get the results you want out of it though with respect to setting up the camera shutter and iso and EV speeds. Sometimes DJI Go will let everything run in full manual, other times it won't and it wants to run in Av, Tv or full auto instead. I've found it easier to set up shutter speeds etc in video mode as the DJI Go 4 live feed responds to the changes in shutter speed and iso values and let's you get to the exposure you need. I've found that if you switch it to photo mode it doesn't react the same to changes to Shutter speed or ISO, taking a few seconds to change the video view... it seems to react more readily to changes to the EV compensation instead of shutter speed... go figure ('cause I'm still trying to work it out fully!)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP