Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire never had a chance to fly

Reaction score
New Inspire 2 arrived this morning. Spent couple of hours charging and updating firmware on quad, batteries and controller. Unable to clear "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) error. I have seen this error on my P4 before. Re-installing the App resolved the error. Not this time

Tech support said it was a factory defect because the error was present before it's first flight. Glad I used Amazon prime. DJI said 4 to 6 weeks to return and ship out another new replacement. Called the supplier that I purchased from on Amazon. They provided me an Overnight shipping label and said they will have another new Inspire 2 delivered early next week. Stay tuned............

PS I2 is mean looking :)

Amazon is usually VERY good to deal with. I remember when I had my Phantom 2 Vision Plus I had a mid air disaster when the battery cut out. I phoned Amazon in less then 2 weeks I had a new Phantom 2 at my door step..

New Inspire 2 arrived this morning. Spent couple of hours charging and updating firmware on quad, batteries and controller. Unable to clear "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) error. I have seen this error on my P4 before. Re-installing the App resolved the error. Not this time

Tech support said it was a factory defect because the error was present before it's first flight. Glad I used Amazon prime. DJI said 4 to 6 weeks to return and ship out another new replacement. Called the supplier that I purchased from on Amazon. They provided me an Overnight shipping label and said they will have another new Inspire 2 delivered early next week. Stay tuned............

I assume you had a camera connected when this error displayed?

Reactions: Hightimes
New Inspire 2 arrived this morning. Spent couple of hours charging and updating firmware on quad, batteries and controller. Unable to clear "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) error.
exactly what happened to me when i turned the I2 on without the camera attached - i did also post in here if you had searched - it clears when you install a camera ! I wasn't happy until i found that out lol

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
exactly what happened to me when i turned the I2 on without the camera attached - i did also post in here if you had searched - it clears when you install a camera ! I wasn't happy until i found that out lol
Please tell me this is a sick joke. No, I had not connected the Zenmuse x4S camera yet. Figured I would fly with the PIC FPV camera first then connect the camera. Please tell me the error was not generated because the camera was not connected.

no not sick joke - i expect the error is due to the fact that some of the processing is in the i2 and some in the camera, and the encoder error is where when it cant see the camera - i expect a quick error trap on the app saying plug in your camera would have been more friendly!

Plug in your camera and you should be good to go. I was !

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
no not sick joke - i expect the error is due to the fact that some of the processing is in the i2 and some in the camera, and the encoder error is where when it cant see the camera - i expect a quick error trap on the app saying plug in your camera would have been more friendly!

Plug in your camera and you should be good to go. I was !
Urgg! Wish I had reached out to the great folks on these forums before I sent it back this afternoon. I is half way to New York now. Hopefully I will have my new unit early next week. Weather in New England is crap this weekend anyway. Thanks for the input

I can confirm this also - that error can be generated when the camera is not installed. I had the exact same issue when I first started mine up. Camera installed - problem goes away. I also got the error when I had a dud SD card. Replace the SD card, error solved.

Urgg! Wish I had reached out to the great folks on these forums before I sent it back this afternoon. I is half way to New York now. Hopefully I will have my new unit early next week. Weather in New England is crap this weekend anyway. Thanks for the input
That's why I asked if you had a camera attached in my post #3 above!
Never, ever listen to what DJI 'Help' individuals tell you over the phone (or web chat).
They are call centre staff that work off a script that goes like this.
"Have you tried reloading the firmware?"
"Try doing an IMU and compass calibration and that will fix it"
......."You will have to send it back for service"

There are no other words to the script........:rolleyes:

I'm dumbfounded as to why the DJI techs first question wouldn't have been..."did you have the camera attached?"
That's ridiculous! Although not surprising.

I'm surprised DJI hasn't fixed this error yet. Many brick and mortars are preparing to sell the Inspire 2 without a camera and this is going to become a huge mess soon when they get stock in to sell. E.g. Samy's Camera stores in LA, Fry's, and Best Buy all show the Inspire 2 without a camera.

If people buy the camera later from those stores or their websites, the "Air Encoder Error" is going to make for a lot of returns and unhappy customers.

DJI really needs to address their software and firmware errors that are bricking their products. Too much of this stuff exists.

I'm dumbfounded as to why the DJI techs first question wouldn't have been..."did you have the camera attached?"
That's ridiculous! Although not surprising.
Yea, another thing not to do is update without camera attached..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen