Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire2 charger hot!

Reaction score
Hey Pilots, my stock charger getting quite hot during battery charging. It feels like as hot as a coffee mug....

Is that normal? Anyone could share your view?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Advexure
Yes, this is normal.
I lay mine on it's side to help dissipate heat a little. (More surface exposed to the air)

Reactions: Advexure
I'll add that it blew out my car's fuse using an inverter. Guess the pull was more than enough for the inverter which is rated to 400 watts could handle. Charger supposedly is 180 watts and the inverter could have handled it, but the car's wiring and fuse for the lighter socket couldn't. Guess I have to go to the battery direct...someday.

Casey53, I have a watt meter connect with the charger. From the meter it shows the maximum wattage draw is around 200w, so a 400w inverter should do the job

I'll add that it blew out my car's fuse using an inverter. Guess the pull was more than enough for the inverter which is rated to 400 watts could handle. Charger supposedly is 180 watts and the inverter could have handled it, but the car's wiring and fuse for the lighter socket couldn't. Guess I have to go to the battery direct...someday.
Same thing happened to me.

I think it was 15 amps in mine. I thought 12x15=180 watts, but the inverter has a cooling fan and heat sink so it's eating up power as was the DJI charger. This was on the P4 charger which is less at 120 watts and why I thought it could handle it too, but I think it is a bit more than that too as it gets hot. The owner's manual says "No more than 120 watts" so their fuse math is odd, or they are using a safety buffer. The inverter says Max. surge is 400 watts and Continuous is 200 watts. Fan is sort of loud and annoying so not really missing it. Bad purchase on my part going with a cigarette lighter inverter version that sucks a load of amps just to run it.

I think the DJI car charger for the P4 takes less juice to run off a cigarette lighter, but it takes twice as long to charge up the battery according to some. Least it doesn't need the inverter. Don't know if DJI makes a cigarette version for the I2.

I hit my charger with a thermal laser and had a hot spot at 130 degrees F.
Too hot!!
I find that charging only the batteries or remote one at a time will decrease the temp significantly by 30-35 degrees.

I hit my charger with a thermal laser and had a hot spot at 130 degrees F.
Too hot!!
I find that charging only the batteries or remote one at a time will decrease the temp significantly by 30-35 degrees.

Yep. Wonder what it's like with all four batteries and the remote too?

I have an issue with the black carbon fiber legs in the desert. They get really hot and too hot to touch at times. I know if I have to shoot fashion stuff out there with the Nikons, I have to cover them with a thermal blanket or else the LCD display goes an inky black until it cools down again. The legs of my Really Right Stuff tripod are also black carbon fiber and get too hot to touch just like the Inspire arms so I have to wrap the camera's thermal blanket around the legs to carry it too. I found I can carry the I2 better by grabbing it under the belly to carry it than the hot arms, and maybe less damage to twisting the arms by carrying it that way too.

Typical day for me with black toys in the desert along with black tripods and black light stands too. Ugh!

Attachments

• Desert Heat Shield.jpg
    Desert Heat Shield.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: cvanhoose

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mywifiext