Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insurance quote... Includes Protection to Photography Exposure?

Reaction score
Website
www.precisionaerialsllc.com
Hi Guys,

So I have been working with my insurance agency, and they came back to me with complete coverage of my solo (pretty modified) and my i2 with x5s and other goodies for 936 per year. Not too bad if I was making money with it consistently, but I'm not. Thus I am just asking for the coverage for my craft.

But among the quote, she mentioned I am also getting photography exposure coverage... Does anyone know what this is? I asked here and waiting a reply but seeing how they do not know much on this whole subject I am sure I will just be confused when she responds. Any ideas?

Dustin

I have not heard it called photography exposure coverage (good play on words though) - but there is coverage that photographers purchase that cover them in the instance where they are unable to deliver the work the client paid for. Imagine being a wedding photographer and finding out (after the wedding) that there was a problem with your camera or memory card...or that all of your photos were out of focus or 3 stops over exposed...not exactly something you can tell them that you will make up for on the next one. Maybe that is what they mean when they mention photography exposure coverage.

Good luck...

Hi Guys,

So I have been working with my insurance agency, and they came back to me with complete coverage of my solo (pretty modified) and my i2 with x5s and other goodies for 936 per year. Not too bad if I was making money with it consistently, but I'm not. Thus I am just asking for the coverage for my craft.

But among the quote, she mentioned I am also getting photography exposure coverage... Does anyone know what this is? I asked here and waiting a reply but seeing how they do not know much on this whole subject I am sure I will just be confused when she responds. Any ideas?

Dustin

The $936 price is very reasonable for 2 copters including the I2 X5s. Do you have hull insurance or just liability?

I have my Inspire 1 Pro, Mavic and all associated batteries, lenses and accessories insured with State Farm (personal articles policy) almost $8k in equipment, costs me about $80 per year.

I have my Inspire 1 Pro, Mavic and all associated batteries, lenses and accessories insured with State Farm (personal articles policy) almost $8k in equipment, costs me about $80 per year.

So where did you get your quote from? I called a agent and he didn't even stuffer to say he wasn't sure. Just nope we don't have it.

I am not with State Farm though for other insurance.

I haven't read one of these State Farm policies, but I've heard they will not cover damage in the event of commercial use.

Interesting.... My agent let me know as well if I pay up front it would drop from the 936 to around 850. It seems very temping. May acquire about it again here in a month or so. Seems like a good idea... just a bummer there is still a 250 dollar deductible...

She also wasn't very fluent on the idea of insurance on the "photo exposure protection" I may call the external company they were going through to see what that is all about. It sounds to me that they will protect my photos if I see someone for example selling them without my written consent. But not sure.

Reactions: SanCap
Interesting.... My agent let me know as well if I pay up front it would drop from the 936 to around 850. It seems very temping. May acquire about it again here in a month or so. Seems like a good idea... just a bummer there is still a 250 dollar deductible...

She also wasn't very fluent on the idea of insurance on the "photo exposure protection" I may call the external company they were going through to see what that is all about. It sounds to me that they will protect my photos if I see someone for example selling them without my written consent. But not sure.

Why not pay a little more and go to someone that specializes in commercial drone insurance. All your questions will be answered before you spend any money.

So where did you get your quote from? I called a agent and he didn't even stuffer to say he wasn't sure. Just nope we don't have it.

I am not with State Farm though for other insurance.
I've had a "personally articles policy" with them for many years, even before my drone equipment I had my DSLR's and lenses on there. I also have home owners and auto policies with them. They never asked if it was for commercial use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene