Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IOS update

Reaction score
Does amount know if it is safe to update my IOS devices to the newest apple firmware?
There was an issue with the recent update. Thanks

I think I read the newest iOS update took care of the problem they where having between the app and iOS.

Maybe need to review the opposite experiences here
iOS 11.2.6
Even with the latest iOS 11.2.6 lots of people are have connectivity issues. I tested my inspire 1 pro with my iPad 9.7 Pro with iOS 11.2.6 yesterday and switching between Apps like GoApp and Autopilot almost certainly disconnects the iPad App from the RC. One simple solution is unplug the USB connection and reconnect, it seems to bring the App back to life but from a flying perspective, this is a last resort very annoying. I understand 11.3 is imminent. Maybe that will help, I really hope so. Also getting lots of "strong interference detected", but this is probably not related ti iOS.

I can't figure out why I get good reception one flight, then the next flight along the same flight path,I have the signal drop a lot of diffrent times. It's kinda driving me up the wall. It dosen't make sense? The worst part is,I'm out in the middle of no where, and still get the strong interfearance warnings all the time? So are you guy's saying the Android Tablets aren't having this problem?

Last edited:
I think the interference is a drone/RC firmware issue. The iOS vs Android was more related to a well documented problem introduced with iOS 11.2 where Apps loose connection, like the GoApp will suddenly freeze. I’ve had it with the GoApp & Autopilot. I was curious as to whether Android users were having similar problems.

I think the interference is a drone/RC firmware issue. The iOS vs Android was more related to a well documented problem introduced with iOS 11.2 where Apps loose connection, like the GoApp will suddenly freeze. I’ve had it with the GoApp & Autopilot. I was curious as to whether Android users were having similar problems.
I'm going to try it with my Nexus 7 (2013) Tablet this week. I also fly a Mavic Pro,and it hasen't had any problems so far with the latest iOS update? This almost make me think there's a problem, with the Inspire's firmware? I will know shortly! My iPad 4 Mini is running the latest update 11.2.6 ((15D100) and as mentioned above the GO4 app and Mavic Pro have no problems at all! But the DJI Go app (for (iOS) seems to have problems galore? We fly a lot of long range flights over the Prairie,in the middle of nowhere, and I still get the (Strong Interference) warnings? On one flight I got out to 14,006 feet! On the next Flight, I couldn't make it to 2700 feet on the same flight path?

Last edited:
Ron would be good to try yr Mavic but also yr iOS controlled drone (Inspire 1 pro?) in the same location around the same time to see if they are effected differently? Keen to here results. Thanks
I will do it as soon as possible,Ralph!I picked up my Inspire used, and the guy I got it from used a Android tablet, and said he never had one problem with it. What concerns me is, that with DJI comming out with the Mavic Air,and now the soon to be released Mavic Pro 2,I think everything else has been "kicked to the curb" as they concentrate on the new models! So a fix may be a long time in comming? Here's a video of the flight.

Last edited:
I can't figure out why I get good reception one flight, then the next flight along the same flight path,I have the signal drop a lot of diffrent times. It's kinda driving me up the wall. It dosen't make sense? The worst part is,I'm out in the middle of no where, and still get the strong interfearance warnings all the time? So are you guy's saying the Android Tablets aren't having this problem?
What version of the go app are you running?

Well,I found the problem! The antenna wires aren't soldered on the best, and 2 of them had came off the antennas! I cleaned the connections up and resoldered them (no cold joints) to the antennas 1 front right hand side the other rear left side! We then took the Inspire 1 out for a short test flight, and the results were great! Inspire with boosters installed 2.PNG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdolphBonn