Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ipad 4th gen for video/photo controller

Reaction score
Hi,
I've just purchased an Inspire 1 Pro with 2 controllers and I want to use the second controller with another operator in order to take videos/photos. Can anyone tell me whether a 4th gen Ipad will work with either the DJI Go app or Litchi ?
Many thanks in advance.
Graham

I can't speak for Litchi, but the Go App is very lightweight and works well with even my oldest iPad, which isn't even an Air Pro. I think it's the first gen that came with the Lightning interface. The Air 1? Granted, I run a legacy version of the Go App on all my iPads (v3.1.1). I can say with confidence that it won't run any automated waypoint programs, but WILL run the Go App with nary a hitch. My Air Pro 1 will run waypoint programs (that use the iPad as a flight controller), but conditions have to be right. I have to keep the iPad cool, which means no direct sunlight and hopefully a slight breeze.

D

Last edited:
I can't speak for Litchi, but the Go App is very lightweight and works well with even my oldest iPad, which isn't even an Air Pro. I think it's the first gen with the Lightning interface. The Air 1? Granted, I run a legacy version of the Go App on all my iPads (v3.1.1). I can say with confidence that it won't run any automated waypoint programs, but WILL run the Go App with nary a hitch. My Air Pro 1 will run waypoint programs (that use the iPad as a flight controller), but conditions have to be right. I have to keep the iPad cool, which means no direct sunlight and hopefully a slight breeze.

D
Hi Donnie,
Many thanks for the info, it's most useful.
Graham

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Run the mini4 in airplane mode. Force quit any other apps running in the background.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pl500examdumps