Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad compatibality with DJI GO App.

SST

Reaction score
Hello fellow aviators. I have a DJI I1 RAW and I am looking to purchase a tablet for it in this holiday season. I wanted to know if iPad 10th Gen is compatible with the DJI Go app. Does it work well? Any know issues with the software on that hardware?

Update: It has been a month and I have purchased a iPad 10th Gen and it works very well with software. The RC does not accommodate the iPad so I 3D printed an extension for it. Also 3D printed barn doors to block out the sun when outdoors.

Last edited:
Well, it doesn’t answer your questions directly but you’re not getting any responses here so I will give you what I have. The closest that I have to the 10th generation as a mini six. It works perfectly with go. Have an iPad ninth. GEN. Also works perfectly. Have an iPad Pro 11 inch M1. Also works perfectly. I used to have a Mini five and it worked well also.

Reactions: SST
Buy it from Best Buy, and test it, their Christmas return policy runs to the second week in January.

Reactions: SST
I have 5 iPads of varying ages, generations and iOS, with the latest being a 12.9" Gen 3. They all run the Go App without a problem. The Go App is actually a very lightweight app that runs well on even the oldest of iPads. If you're purchasing an iPad for your drone, I would find something used on eBay. 9.7" is the largest that will fit in the RC caddy.

D

I'll add that if you're trying to use third-party apps to configure and execute automated mapping missions, some of those don't work on older iPads (mainly due to iOS version limitations), but I agree that DJI Go itself works great.

I have an iPad Mini 2nd generation that does not run several 3rd-party apps, and a Mini 5th gen that runs everything with no issues. I expect the standard iPad 10th gen would work well.

Hello fellow aviators. I have a DJI I1 RAW and I am looking to purchase a tablet for it in this holiday season. I wanted to know if iPad 10th Gen is compatible with the DJI Go app. Does it work well? Any know issues with the software on that hardware?

Hi! I have some knowledge I should share on this topic. I read the 10th gen iPad uses the A14 chip, which should be fine. My iPad Air 4th gen works great with the same M14 architecture. That being said, the new M1 chip will NOT work with the DJI GO app. At least not with my Inspire1 and the X3.
I had upgraded to a 5th gen iPad Air, which has the M1, during several months of downtime and didn't make that correlation while trying everything I could think of to connect months later. I even attempted to go back to any previous GO version, but found that rolling back any app is more complicated than I expected and not free on IOS.
After researching (ok, googling) I ended up posting my connecting issue on the DJI forum and they replied quickly. They explained that in order to move their new products forward, they had dropped all support for the M14 chip in the current GO version and for all future GO versions.
Yes yes we know the technology game. I'm sure that this "chip" factoid was published in the fine print of the GO app update verbiage that I unkowingly agreed to at some point.
So my fix waas to trade back to my 4th gen iPad. Honestly, I couldn't tell any difference in the performance, display or anything between the models.
I love my Inspire 1 and I'm planning to fly it until there is absolutely no workaround for the planned obsolescence and software restrictions that I know are coming. And then I'll wonder why I didn't upgrade to the cool new stuff sooner. Ugh. Thanks for asking the question! Appologies if TMI. A little venting, but really hoping to help anyone save time, trouble and from being grounded like mua.
This just reafirms we need to read the invisible fine print!
Cheers!

Yes I feel the same way about the software incompatibility and many pilots I know share the same opinions. Really appreciate your insight. Cheers.

Well, it doesn’t answer your questions directly but you’re not getting any responses here so I will give you what I have. The closest that I have to the 10th generation as a mini six. It works perfectly with go. Have an iPad ninth. GEN. Also works perfectly. Have an iPad Pro 11 inch M1. Also works perfectly. I used to have a Mini five and it worked well also.
Thanks

I have 5 iPads of varying ages, generations and iOS, with the latest being a 12.9" Gen 3. They all run the Go App without a problem. The Go App is actually a very lightweight app that runs well on even the oldest of iPads. If you're purchasing an iPad for your drone, I would find something used on eBay. 9.7" is the largest that will fit in the RC caddy.

Thanks for the response.

Hi,I fly I1v2 with iPad Air 2 lte without any problems problem.The same for pix 4d capture,works fine !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brainfraktured