Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Laptop for editing 4K

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a laptop to edit 4K footage and have £1500 ish to spend. What have you all been using? I'll mostly be using PremierPro along with After Effects so it needs to be poweful enough to do this with reletive ease. Any advice appreciated!!!

Thanks

I'm in the market for a laptop to edit 4K footage and have £1500 ish to spend. What have you all been using? I'll mostly be using PremierPro along with After Effects so it needs to be poweful enough to do this with reletive ease. Any advice appreciated!!!

Thanks

hard core gamer laptop but 1500£ might be not enough for what you might really need or i am just over killing it in my thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking gamer's computer too for the speed. Plus a lot of memory as video files get huge to edit. I had a 256GB SSD card in mine and I had to replace it with a 1TB SSD because of program space and videos. Nothing like seeing "Disk Full" after running some assembly edit for an hour and then it cannot complete it. That or overheat and BSOD on you (My $1,200 Toshiba Satellite did that overheat stuff a lot!).

A top end Sager NP ought to handle it, but top end with them is $8,000 too. I think they start around $2,500. Maybe a large MSI unit, AlienWare, Razer, Falcon, etc..

I use XPS 15 i7 with dedicated 960m Nvidia. So works well and CUDA compatible. If suggest you think of new Pascal Nvidia models, especially the Razer 2016.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I nearly bought the XPS 15 but they are hard to find now with the 4K screen, Dell doesn't even stock them anymore which is a shame. The razer on the other hand looks good but the 512 ssd (minimum I need) is over my budget at £2250. I'll have a look at msi

I nearly bought the XPS 15 but they are hard to find now with the 4K screen, Dell doesn't even stock them anymore which is a shame. The razer on the other hand looks good but the 512 ssd (minimum I need) is over my budget at £2250. I'll have a look at msi
OMG finally I have a product thats sought after lol....

Dell is great machine, but next year I'll be looking at a the Razer Stealth with the external GPU for office. Regarding the minimum SSD you can get away with a 256GB with an external SSD as scratch disk and project storage. I used Samsung T1s have 4x 512Gb for raw and projects. They soon fill up when dumping 64gb a time from micro-sd.

Thanks
I too am in the market. I upgrade every 5 years. Do this, go to Amazon and search for Dell 4k i7 Nvidia. It brings up a list but if you look through you'll find the one I'm wanting.. it's a Dell Inspiron 4k, with 16gb if ram, an i7 processor, a 1tb HDD and a 128g SSD I believe, and an Nvidia 4gb graphics card. Overall I feel probably one of the best all around deals in the web and pretty powerful

I too am in the market. I upgrade every 5 years. Do this, go to Amazon and search for Dell 4k i7 Nvidia. It brings up a list but if you look through you'll find the one I'm wanting.. it's a Dell Inspiron 4k, with 16gb if ram, an i7 processor, a 1tb HDD and a 128g SSD I believe, and an Nvidia 4gb graphics card. Overall I feel probably one of the best all around deals in the web and pretty powerful
And I forgot to mention, it's only $1046 USD. I've wanted to switch to a MacBook Pro but the price point prevents me.

Thanks for the replies. I've decided that i actually need to spend a bit more so i've currently got the Alienware 15 in my basket with;

4K screen
16GB RAM
512 SSD
i7-6700HQ
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1060

I'm hoping this will be enough to last me a good few years

Thanks for the replies. I've decided that i actually need to spend a bit more so i've currently got the Alienware 15 in my basket with;

4K screen
16GB RAM
512 SSD
i7-6700HQ
NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 1060

I'm hoping this will be enough to last me a good few years
Good choice, battery a little pants for my real job travelling but deff a power house if thats not a concern.. Don't forget if you are using Adobe a good external SSD for 'Scratch Disk' is always recommended.

Good choice, battery a little pants for my real job travelling but deff a power house if thats not a concern.. Don't forget if you are using Adobe a good external SSD for 'Scratch Disk' is always recommended.
I'll look into that, thanks for the advice. Went with the 17 in the end as the 15 has a problem with replicating colours accurately

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen