Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Long Exposure Sunset - 2 Second Exposure Samples

Really nice looking images, I'm still surprised that decent shots can be taken at 2 secs while flying a camera in a vibrating craft - even with gimbal. :)

A wee bit soft? They are long exposure. That's the point when you shoot with an ND and hold the shutter with a regular camera. All movement blends into one entire exposure. In this case we have no tripod, the camera is flying in the air - getting tossled by the wind.... motor vibration. To get pics like that after 2 seconds. Epic!!

Yes the water and anything else in motion should be blurred but the shoreline, hills (static items) should not and sorry but they are a little bit.
BTW.. I did not intend for my comment to be negative at all, just honest.. To further clarify, I hope my comment showed no negative connotations towards the skill level of the OP as this certainly took a true working knowledge of still photography. I am also blown away that even this is possible from a camera that is not statically mounted.

Just a reminder the Bixby bridge and all of that coastline is a nature preserve and is a no-fly zone for all aircraft, rc and full size, dont get caught.. I think its a stupid rule, but the twig pigs are watching for you there.

Oh, and those shots are DOPE!!!!

Do you guys run your camera on free or follow for longer exposures? Probably a stupid question I have both my C1/C2 as Camera Reset and Tilt/Pan. Im thinking cause the cam is on follow, the GPS inputs are transferring into the camera.

Guys, how are you able to control the length of exposure? I can't seem to find a setting for that in the app?

Are you asking how to control shutter speed? Set it to manual in the app, then select shutter speed, which will determine ISO, which in turn will allow you to get the EV you select.

Do you guys run your camera on free or follow for longer exposures? Probably a stupid question I have both my C1/C2 as Camera Reset and Tilt/Pan. Im thinking cause the cam is on follow, the GPS inputs are transferring into the camera.

Free is probably a better setting than follow, since any inadvertent yaw movement will be ignored during a long exposure.

Are you asking how to control shutter speed? Set it to manual in the app, then select shutter speed, which will determine ISO, which in turn will allow you to get the EV you select.

So if I wanted to do a 2 second exposure, what settings would make this happen for example? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the photography aspect of this :)

So if I wanted to do a 2 second exposure, what settings would make this happen for example? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the photography aspect of this :)

In the app, select photo, then select the menu on the right (the box with the three lines in blue). On the left side of the app, select manual, then select your desired shutter speed, then select the ISO that will give you the proper exposure. You can use the ND filter to drop EV if in bright light conditions.

In the app, select photo, then select the menu on the right (the box with the three lines in blue). On the left side of the app, select manual, then select your desired shutter speed, then select the ISO that will give you the proper exposure. You can use the ND filter to drop EV if in bright light conditions.

Any idea what shutter speed is select for a 2 second exposure?

Any idea what shutter speed is select for a 2 second exposure?

1) Press the "Camera Settings"-button (Bottom right menu).

2) Press the top button in the camera settings so it's green and says "Manual"

3) Choose 2" Shutterspeed. Viola! :)

yxdpcu.jpg

Reactions: DJeff1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proferlofurniture