Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Longest Prime Lens

Reaction score
Hey folks

Does anyone know the longest prime lens that you can put on the x5s camera? I have a 45mm Olympus but wanted something longer. Im assuming weight might be an issue with longer glass.

Cheers

B

Oly 45 is the longest that is fully supported and compatible. I want to say that I've seen and heard of guys using something longer and then balancing with some small counterweights. Can't say I recommend it as the gimbal motors are designed to the specifications of the list of compatible lenses provided by DJI. It is a risk that you would be taking. Maybe others can comment on specific 45+ lenses.

Hey folks

Does anyone know the longest prime lens that you can put on the x5s camera? I have a 45mm Olympus but wanted something longer. Im assuming weight might be an issue with longer glass.

Cheers

B
Moved to X5S section

Oly 45 is the longest that is fully supported and compatible. I want to say that I've seen and heard of guys using something longer and then balancing with some small counterweights. Can't say I recommend it as the gimbal motors are designed to the specifications of the list of compatible lenses provided by DJI. It is a risk that you would be taking. Maybe others can comment on specific 45+ lenses.

I've seen a video with a longer zoom lens, can't find it now, but keep looking. The other piece of the puzzle is the software integration and workflow; I've read that lenses that aren't 'approved' by DJI can't be imported through Lightroom due to M4/3 standards not working with RAW files on Adobe when 'unrecognized lenses' (by X5s) are used. So far I've not ventured beyond DJI approved lenses... But keep searching, there is info out there but it's a reach to find it.

Reactions: Advexure
I successfully use the 35-100 mm on Inspire 1 with custom counterweights. I haven't found a longer prime than 45 mm though...

How long have you been using the 35-100? Gimbal motors have shown no signs of strain?
Got it working in January but haven't used it a lot, I'll admit. When I use it I don't fly much more than straight up, take the shots then down again. Photos are fine but there is noticeable wobble in video. I have a friend with a thermal camera so I should get him to look at the motor temperatures after flying with stock and zoom lenses. The gimbal is so well balanced though, I'm not too concerned.

Got it working in January but haven't used it a lot, I'll admit. When I use it I don't fly much more than straight up, take the shots then down again. Photos are fine but there is noticeable wobble in video. I have a friend with a thermal camera so I should get him to look at the motor temperatures after flying with stock and zoom lenses. The gimbal is so well balanced though, I'm not too concerned.

Gotcha. Hope it works well for you when it is needed. Safe and happy flying! :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212