Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Looking for information about flying near Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by FASTFJR, Dec 23, 2015.

1. FASTFJR

Going out to Vegas and would really like to bring my P3P. I would like to fly in this area since its just outside of the park / state lands (see link) Would love to fly in Red Rocks Canyon but I know that is off limits. Any first hand knowledge of places to fly would be great! The landscape looks very cool and I'm trying to capture it.

Thanks

Link Here
    Google Maps

2. brad90631

There is an RC park just before the entrance into red rock. meet some nice people and flew there. I also flew in red rock from one of the observation stops. wasn't many people around and stay well away from any body that was there.

FASTFJR likes this.
  3. SanCap

I have no first hand info but the Charleston Peak Area north and a little west of the point you picked looks like a beautiful area. It might be snow covered now. It looks like Kyle Canyon road off of 95 would get you there. Backroads Around Las Vegas, Kyle Canyon Road

Attached Files:

FASTFJR likes this.
  4. Joola

Two important laws to be aware of:
    You cannot take off or land within the Red Rock Conservation Area. Also, the new drone laws in Nevada make it unlawful to fly over private property under 250' without permission.

FASTFJR likes this.
  5. FASTFJR

Not real smart but to each their own, believe me I fully understand why you would want to fly there. We were hiking last September and I saw one flying around, saw it land and then saw the park service come over and have a nice talk with the owner, I did them write him up, don't know if it was a fine, ticket or what