Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looks like Dronebase has STOPPED paying...

$20 per mission? Ouch! Talk about keeping the industry in the gutter.

I think it's fair. When I was selling 40-ish percent, I'd go out and fly 8-10 of them and it was a nice little bit of coin for flying around for a couple hours.

Now, though...not so much.

OMG $20??????? It's not even worth getting your Remote Pilot cert for 5x that.... And how would you ever prove the pictures you took are yours? And that they don't just sell them and not tell you? I mean $20??? Really!!!???

Please tell me you don't have your remote pilot cert at least that way I can chalk it up to a hobby photographer.

I am Part 107 certified, yes and I've made enough off Dronebase missions to pay for the cert multiple times over...

You guys know that you can fly as many missions as you want, right? I usually fly 8 of them when I go out. Even selling only 40%, that's still 60 bucks-ish. This is TOTALLY not what the video was about, but what's wrong with a fun way to make a little spare change doing what you love?

OMG $20??????? It's not even worth getting your Remote Pilot cert for 5x that.... And how would you ever prove the pictures you took are yours? And that they don't just sell them and not tell you? I mean $20??? Really!!!???

Please tell me you don't have your remote pilot cert at least that way I can chalk it up to a hobby photographer.

Nothing wrong with doing it as a hobby, but it dilutes the market and makes it impossible for people to make any money at it. You're essentially taking a loss.

It's not worth the time or trouble for a pro, and the realtors won't pay anymore than that because someone WILL do it for that.

That's why I don't even bother with that type of thing.

Reactions: MedicFL1
The answer to the OP is quite simple. The real estate agencies are getting wise to these DroneBase shenanigans and are figuring out they can just hire the 13 year old kid down the street with a Phantom 3 they got for Xmas and get the same thing for $15 under the table -- "hey kid, psst, you got a drone? Good. See that house over there? Wanna make some quick money?", and they don't know (and even if they DO, they don't care... name ONE real estate agency that's been fined for using an unlicensed operator!) about Part 107. Homeowners are reluctant to even spend $250 on STAGING even though it generally reduces time on market by a significant amount. Look at it this way. If I'm a sellers agent, or a seller getting a menu list of marketing options like 1. $250, staging and 2. $100, bitchin' aerial photo of your messy yard, sorry I'm doing 1. instead of 2.

Dronebase realized the lowball dynamic of residential real-estate which is why they focused on commercial panoramas. But even that market has a Very Low Barrier to Entry. Some schmuck like me with an Inspire and a 360fly VR camera can do 40 or those jobs a day, and who needs Dronebase? No stitching. Immediate delivery. 4K 360 photos. No 25-50% vig.

Reactions: Highrpm955
You guys don't get it. You guys seem to think I get up, pack up the car, drive across town, fly for ten minutes, come all the way back home, spend the time uploading the pics, then wait for my $19...

No.

A - I always drove an electric car. No gas expenditure and I would usually charge at a Nissan dealer for free if I stopped to charge at all.
B - I would do between 8 and 10 missions in a trip.
C - I would plan my trip so it was all done as efficiently as possible.

I wasn't going out for 19 bucks. I was going out for 60-80 bucks. Massive amount of money? Nope...not bad for a fun hour-ish of flying though.

You guys don't get it. You guys seem to think I get up, pack up the car, drive across town, fly for ten minutes, come all the way back home, spend the time uploading the pics, then wait for my $19...

No.

A - I always drove an electric car. No gas expenditure and I would usually charge at a Nissan dealer for free if I stopped to charge at all.
B - I would do between 8 and 10 missions in a trip.
C - I would plan my trip so it was all done as efficiently as possible.

I wasn't going out for 19 bucks. I was going out for 60-80 bucks. Massive amount of money? Nope...not bad for a fun hour-ish of flying though.

I'm going to guess if I asked you what insurance you have, you will say "what insurance"?

And if I asked you if any of your jobs were in controlled airspace, you will say "what is controlled airspace"?

And I won't even bother asking if you're 107.

Classic case of casting your pearls before swine. No insult intended - but really? $20 bucks??

I've been doing high end real estate shoots for 30+years. Even when I started out I didn't work that cheap. I do not understand how you can survive on that. Even if you are not insured and have no overhead, just the basic cost of living isn't covered. Unless you live at home with the folks and get free meals. Electric car? They cost money too don't they?
Best of luck, but man, take some friendly advice - raise your standards. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Bunch of rich mo-fos on these boards!! 20 bucks is 20 bucks...flying a mission isn't THAT much work, it's fun and I never go out and do just one...

This isn't my sole means of income...not even close, nor is this the only thing I use my Inspire for.

And yes, as The Editor mentioned, I am Part 107 certified...nice condescending, belittling, assuming post though, William.

Bunch of rich mo-fos on these boards!! 20 bucks is 20 bucks...flying a mission isn't THAT much work, it's fun and I never go out and do just one...

This isn't my sole means of income...not even close, nor is this the only thing I use my Inspire for.

And yes, as The Editor mentioned, I am Part 107 certified...nice condescending, belittling, assuming post though, William.

My apologies if you took my post as a series of accusations. The condescention, however, was intentional but I apologize for it anyway. I really wasn't trying to be a buzzsaw. I think, however, I'm not alone when I express frustration at the seeming willingness of those of us who have invested the time and money to be safe operators to engage in a race-to-the-bottom.

$20 ? Are you guys crazy? Do t you have insurance and so on to pay for? I wouldn't even fly for my friends for $20. Don't use a company that is probably selling "your" photos to someone else.

Reactions: William Gaddy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IAsandeep