Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
I recently developed a case of the jellos very suddenly and now all my video footage is pretty much useless. Visibly and sonically as far as I can tell when the bird is running all looks well, but upon closer inspection the rear left motor seems to have a little "shimmy" or play from side to side the others don't have.it is very minimal not even a mm or half a mm just slight the others don't display. Do the bolts on the side influence this movement or are there other bolts that hold the motor tightly in place? I think they are allen bolts, pretty tiny so I can't tell the size yet. Any other places I should look at?

How common is it for these screws to loosen, should I remove and blue lock
tight them?

seems to be steadier now, however I tightened the other motors and ended up stripping one of the screws, BLAH! I'm seriously pissed at myself, but we're yet to see how she records.

Will take it under advisement, I just hope my problem is solved first and then replace the screw, how much you want for a couple?

I've rebuilt, 4 Inspires to date. and parted one out cause was too costly to fix. so I have a few spare parts lying around. believe I still have your address from the X5 gimbal lock as well

I’d hate to have to send the bird to the DJI vets, but if I don’t nail this jello thing I have no choice, I still have a month or two of warranty I think, gotta make sure

I’d hate to have to send the bird to the DJI vets, but if I don’t nail this jello thing I have no choice, I still have a month or two of warranty I think, gotta make sure

Be sure you check the end date of your warranty. It must be in their hands before the warranty end date or they will not honor it. I had a bad experience with that issue. I bought their one year insurance policy for the I1v2 and had a crash. Called them and got authorization to send in for repair two weeks before end date. Said it was covered. They took a long time sending me the return box and only paid for ground shipping. It took a week to ship it from Maine to California. They got it Friday and did not inspect it till Monday, two days past end date. Charged me $550 for repair because it was not in their shop by end date. Turnaround was pretty fast after they got my check. Like new. Lesson: “they must have it in their hands by end date to honor warranty.” Best to you, Gordie

Reactions: Mixchief

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu