Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lost "tap to focus" feature ...

Reaction score
...while playing with my new X5S camera settings in Go 4 app (CrystalSky with Android OS). Anybody know how to restore this magic green box? I can't figure...

...while playing with my new X5S camera settings in Go 4 app (CrystalSky with Android OS). Anybody know how to restore this magic green box? I can't figure...
There is a manual focus/auto focus Icon in the upper right side of the. If the green box is gone, you can tap on the yellow target (upper right) and the green box should come back and you are back in auto focus mode.

Then you can place the green box on any place on the screen you need.

Hope that helps!

There is a manual focus/auto focus Icon in the upper right side of the. If the green box is gone, you can tap on the yellow target (upper right) and the green box should come back and you are back in auto focus mode.

Then you can place the green box on any place on the screen you need.

Hope that helps!
Thank you for advice, but no success: green AF box icon changes alternatively with yellow aperture icon, but tapping on screen doesn't create target square to move around. Lens (12mm Oly) is in AF ring position, focusing mode is on AF, autofocus assistant is on ... Switched to standard RC with iPad Air 2, works just fine ... All up to date ...

Interesting, not sure I caught your drift before, when I get home, let me get mine out and check it, better than going from memeory.

Someone else may have encountered this,

Just checking - did you calibrate the lens? ( I dont think that should matter because it still should try to focus for you)

Interesting, not sure I caught your drift before, when I get home, let me get mine out and check it, better than going from memeory.

Someone else may have encountered this,

Just checking - did you calibrate the lens? ( I dont think that should matter because it still should try to focus for you)
Since the issue is reported by many other CS users, it may be just a bug in recent Android Go 4 app version, who knows. Yes, all lenses are calibrated, but this is irrelevant, I believe. Thank you for confirmation in advance.

Last edited:
Since the issue is reported by many other CS users, it may be just a bug in recent Android Go 4 app version, who knows. Yes, all lenses are calibrated, but this is irrelevant, I believe. Thank you for confirmation in advance.
I've had the exact same thing happen w/ my I2 using the basic controller. It still happens every now and then, but seems to resolve itself without me doing anything.

Just wondering you ever figure this out? - Was going to get my android tablet out and see if I could find out how to turn that feature off, but never got around to it?

Just wondering you ever figure this out? - Was going to get my android tablet out and see if I could find out how to turn that feature off, but never got around to it?
Nope. DJI forum moderator replied that disappearing Tap to Focus feature indeed seems to be bugged in Go 4 app incarnation embedded into CrystalSky OS, which is not accessible by users and can be fixed by future FW version only.

Reactions: fasterpastor
I had exactly the same problem and the tap to focus option would not work. I did solve it though!!
You say you are using the Olympus 12mm Zuiko lens. It has a ring that you can either set to manual focus or automatic focus. The ring moves in and out. If you can see the scale for focus distance then the ring is set in manual focus and the app will not work. Pull the ring to cover the distance scale and you will be back in auto focus mode.
Try the App again.
I hope this is the same problem and I hope this helps solve it - it took me ages to find the solution !!
Cheers

I had exactly the same problem and the tap to focus option would not work. I did solve it though!!
You say you are using the Olympus 12mm Zuiko lens. It has a ring that you can either set to manual focus or automatic focus. The ring moves in and out. If you can see the scale for focus distance then the ring is set in manual focus and the app will not work. Pull the ring to cover the distance scale and you will be back in auto focus mode.
Try the App again.
I hope this is the same problem and I hope this helps solve it - it took me ages to find the solution !!
Cheers
Dobmatt - Sorry just read your post again and I see you have checked position of focusing ring!! Sorry I can't give a better solution.

I had a similar 'odd' issue . . . ended up deleting app and reinstalling. Good as new. Might try if you havent already ~

Reactions: fasterpastor
Nope. DJI forum moderator replied that disappearing Tap to Focus feature indeed seems to be bugged in Go 4 app incarnation embedded into CrystalSky OS, which is not accessible by users and can be fixed by future FW version only.
Sorry to hear.... so may promises, still waiting for POI too - my 4700 drone will not do what my 1500 will do.....

Reactions: DECinHSV
I had a similar 'odd' issue . . . ended up deleting app and reinstalling. Good as new. Might try if you havent already ~
And how exactly you did that on CrystalSky monitor, if you don't mind to share?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetaksh31