Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mapping with X7, best lens

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bought the X7 for cinema but want to do some mapping for a personal project. The best focal length would be the 16mm lens, but it doesn't trigger the mechanical shutter. What is the best next lens? I have the Laowa 9mm? Or would it be the 24mm lens? Thank you.

If you can locate a used X4s camera (they are not made any more), that would be a very good option. That camera has a mechanical shutter and works very well for mapping.

I've heard about the X4s. And if I were mapping as a job I would do that. Kinda don't want to spend more $$. Just trying to figure out whats best with what I have. I also have an X5s with a 15mm lens.

35mm would be best the lens distortion is minimal, biggest problem is the I2 image processor crashes after about 120 images. DJI doesn’t do any tech support for third party apps when this happens. They might be willing to help with Ground Station Pro which might not be supported any longer. X4S is a good solution, it works well with the I2 image processor and third party apps like litchi.

Reactions: Fina

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033