Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max Height 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi can any one shed a little light on the subject. I work for a telecommunications company and have to regularly check the towers for nests etc. We have our pilots license and are allowed from the FAA to fly above 500 mtrs around x2 transmitters. The problem I have we are limited to 500 mtrs with the phantom 3 advanced I have see a video on YouTube showing how you can go abouve the 500 mark. But this does not seem to work and has anyone or does any one know how to bypass this limit.
Thanks
Nick

Hi can any one shed a little light on the subject. I work for a telecommunications company and have to regularly check the towers for nests etc. We have our pilots license and are allowed from the FAA to fly above 500 mtrs around x2 transmitters. The problem I have we are limited to 500 mtrs with the phantom 3 advanced I have see a video on YouTube showing how you can go abouve the 500 mark. But this does not seem to work and has anyone or does any one know how to bypass this limit.
Thanks
Nick
Very simple answer - you can't.
500m is hard coded into the firmware based on barometric data from the on board barometer. Disconnecting the barometer will simply give an error from the flight controller and not allow take off.
Early firmware had a bug which allowed 3rd party apps to circumvent the 'limit' but this was fixed a long time ago.
All DJI aircraft zero at take off and increase positively with accent
Simple solution...... Just don't use anything DJI and you will not be limited to the 500m figure.
There are plenty of professional platforms out there.

Reactions: jersey havoc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee