Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor shut off

So, if someone were to stumble on this CSC by accident in mid flight. What are the chances of restarting the motors and recovering given you're high enough? I'm guessing not. More than likely I would just be standing there with my mouth hanging open wondering why my $3000+ toy is falling like a rock and too dumbfounded to even know what I had done.

So, if someone were to stumble on this CSC by accident in mid flight. What are the chances of restarting the motors and recovering given you're high enough? I'm guessing not. More than likely I would just be standing there with my mouth hanging open wondering why my $3000+ toy is falling like a rock and too dumbfounded to even know what I had done.
Ummmmmm...... You can always give it a go and report back on here :p

In the simulator I have to be at least 150' up or so for the motors to kick in and accelerate to at least hover power.
In real life...I don't even want to think about it as it could tumble while falling...and then what?
...anyone with a spirit of adventure and too much money on their hands want to try it out???

Just out of curiosity... Is there any good reason that you would even want CSC to be able to kill the motors in mid-air? I'm sure there must be something that someone can think of, but it seems to me (with my squirrely ignorance) that there would never be an occasion that I would want to deliberately destroy my Inspire.. P.S. - I love spell check ;) lol

Just out of curiosity... Is there any good reason that you would even want CSC to be able to kill the motors in mid-air? I'm sure there must be something that someone can think of, but it seems to me (with my squirrely ignorance) that there would never be an occasion that I would want to deliberately destroy my Inspire.. P.S. - I love spell check ;) lol

My guess is it's the same reason they put self-destruct in rockets and blow them up when things go horribly wrong.

But, I agree, with the inspire I see no situation where basically pulling the plug is the only last and at the point the best option. Even when the thing goes into RTH when losing signal is a worst case in some situations as you have no control at that point.

I've decided not to fly again until the random auto offs of the RC is fixed in the firmware. There is nothing that important to photo or film to risk losing control of the AC randomly.

Because there maybe a situation where you need to ditch the aircraft to prevent injury or a dangerous situation (the craft is out of control and heading towards a crowd of children or it is going to end up on a freeway etc. In those circumstances CSC will kill the motors and bring the craft down in an area you have control of.
Part of every commercial flight I do involves a risk assessment and a 'ditch' plan should things go wrong.

Last edited:
Because there maybe a situation where you need to ditch the aircraft to prevent injury or a dangerous situation (the craft is out of control and heading towards a crowd of children or it is going to end up on a freeway etc. In those circumstances CSC will kill the motors and bring the craft down in an area you have control of.
Part of every commercial flight I do involves a risk assessment and a 'ditch' plan should things go wrong.

Well, that makes sense for any flight that has that potential. I guess I didn't think of that since I have yet to fly around any crowds, but I am not the only guy flying these things ;)

David

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo