Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Moving across screen while background changes

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Does anyone know how to get the video effect where there is someone moving across the screen while the background shots change? I'm curious if this is a NLE trick or just good planning of the shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be great if you could provide an example of the effect, either by an embedded clip, or just name a scene that would be easy to find. My guess is that you'll get a lot more answers then:)

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I think you are referring to a time lapse shot. You need the right hardware to do it.

Do you mean like this? Young Woman Posing In Front Of Shopping Mall Time Lapse Stock Footage Video 4106332 - Shutterstock

If so, that's just time lapse with limited movement by the subject. If you want the to move, it would have to be like claymation... Slow movement so when sped up it's normal speed.

Perhaps this will help... https://forums.creativecow.net/archivethread/2/434352

There are a few ways to do it, green screen is prob the fastest if you want you subject moving. In Hollywood, they might use motion control depending on the shot.

What is the final result you're looking for?

This isn't it. The background changes while the person in the foreground moves smoothly across the screen from left to right or right to left. I'm still trying to find the two examples I saw on YouTube the other week, but am struggling. I even saw it in a garmin or Fitbit commercial.

Your video doesn't help. You get various speeds of movements the closer you are to the subject as in the subject video.

To ha e a time lapse background which means the background action is moving fast and slow foreground, you shoot them separately and combine in post. Your normal speed actor is shot on green screen is overlaid in editing.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I believe he is talking about "Bayhem" shots it's done with a longish lens fairly static action in the foreground and dollying or circling around the foreground subject. They are fun to shoot

If you look at the video OP posted, you'll see that the two shots he's referring to are tracking shots, which are kinda cool and fairly easy to achieve, even with modest gear.

Yes, tracking shots. I just wish I could find the first examples I saw. It was someone showing scenes from their world trip. It was basically him riding a bike as the background and his clothing/etc changed. So it definitely was not a green screen, but actual video merged so that each clip started with the bike position at the place the previous clip left off. Very nice

Yes, tracking shots. I just wish I could find the first examples I saw. It was someone showing scenes from their world trip. It was basically him riding a bike as the background and his clothing/etc changed. So it definitely was not a green screen, but actual video merged so that each clip started with the bike position at the place the previous clip left off. Very nice

That's a Match Move effect in post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ontvlive