Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Must-have Accessories?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, long time lurker. I finally pulled the trigger on an i2+X5S, upgrading from a P4. I mainly do still photography, shameless plug here Aerial & Drone - the geek photography

Any thoughts on what the must-have accessories are for the i2, which will make life significantly easier?

p.s. I decided to order my i2 from Florida Drone Supply, as they offered the best price (even with shipping to Singapore!). However, shout out to Advexure and their great customer service, hekping to work out all the possible shipment options and gracefully directing me to buy from FDS when i mentioned the lower shipping quotes. Thanks to both for being solid businesses!

You might want to look into extra batteries, and carbon fiber propellers. There are several threads about the propellers and a quick search of the group will point you in the right direction. Depending on what you are using your I2 for, will most likely decide what you want to buy. I fly for fun so the stock DJI lens is enough for me, however your mileage may vary. Cheers.

DLT, great point about the props. I am tempted by the HeliEngadin folding props, but decided to hold off and see what the fuss is about the stock props first (do they really rattle?)

Otherwise, i am actually asking about third party accessories like cases, packs, grab handles etc. The standard spare batts and dji-branded stuff doesn't interest me as much. Thanks anyway!

Get the props. They are great. As for third party stuff, look into a hard case maybe. I am ordering a Peli iM2875. I will also get the Lowepro DroneGuard Inspired
, once it is available. You might want to get a pair of wind surfers (parabolic signal boosters) that are inexpensive and do help a bit with maintaining a connection at distance. I used them on my P4 and got easily over 10km.

Gpc landing mode case works great. Out of the case with the camera on an plenty of storage space for everything. I would also recommend a Ds30 strobe from Flyhighusa works well an makes it easier to see . Be sure to get a gimble guard for the camera or use a wedge piece of foam to keep it from bouncing around. Also the charger that you buy extra from dji is quite a bit quicker than the one it comes with. I also boosted my remote with a Titan conquer system and fvplr which makes a big difference in all aspects of reception. My 2 ¢

Gpc landing mode case works great. Out of the case with the camera on an plenty of storage space for everything. I would also recommend a Ds30 strobe from Flyhighusa works well an makes it easier to see . Be sure to get a gimble guard for the camera or use a wedge piece of foam to keep it from bouncing around. Also the charger that you buy extra from dji is quite a bit quicker than the one it comes with. I also boosted my remote with a Titan conquer system and fvplr which makes a big difference in all aspects of reception. My 2 ¢
Do you have a link to the gimbal guard?
Thanks

My mavic goes with my I2 batteries fit under camera box

Attachments

• IMAG0261_1.jpg
    IMAG0261_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
It is heavy so this was cheap an works well for me

Attachments

• IMAG0273(1).jpg
    IMAG0273(1).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
Do you have a link to the gimbal guard?
Thanks
Aero 3d has one for a x5r that's what I've been using . I will say it's not specifically made for the x5s but it works decent. Doesn't fall off an it keeps it from bouncing around. Neil Watts on facebook he has a bunch of other things as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxtimber