Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My Inspire 2 won't record to SD card

Reaction score
Can anybody help me out. I have a inspire 2 that will NOT record to SD card. Also it won't stay on Video mode
it keeps switching to camera mode all on it's own. Please help.
Thanks
Leroy

Is it a new one? Latest firmware, try updating....have not had that issue ever. Sorry

I've never upgraded the inspire to. Truth is I'm petrified to because of the nightmares of the Inspire one.

You need a better SD card most likely. It happened to me once I upgraded to a better performing SD card hasn't happened again

Mines won't even stay in video record mode. When I switch it it will freeze and switch back to photo mode.

Hi Leroy, the best recommendation we can make would be to try completing a firmware update on the aircraft. I believe if the SD was not compatible you would be seeing "SD Card Error", and you also more than likely would not be seeing the issue of it jumping between modes. Please report back after a FW update. Sorry to hear about the issue.

Yes, problem could be come from upgrade aircraft, after en New Micro SD. And could be the Write speed.
It was my case with a new Samsung Evo Plus 64Gb. I was not sure about a "true Samsung" or a "fake/pirate" SD Card.
Lot of fake Samsung on Market from China...

That is why I wanted to check the Write Speed with this very great software : H2testw (freeware) check Youtube guy explain
- 1st is writing card, you can verified the speed,
- 2nd is reading card, to confirm great writing and speed,

After Write speed confirm, go for Upgrade Aircraft, my recognize the new Micro SD after the Upgrade.

Attachments

• Samsung EVO Plus 64Gb - 57Mbits.JPG
    Samsung EVO Plus 64Gb - 57Mbits.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 13
With the stock Lexar 16GB DJI Inspire 2, H2testw test :
- write : ok,
- read : problem,

Attachments

• Lexar 16Gb Official DJI Write ok - Problem Read.JPG
    Lexar 16Gb Official DJI Write ok - Problem Read.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
Yeah I broke down and sent it to DJI. I got a new X5s and that didn't even sow a picture at all. What do you guys think there gonna charge me?

Please, be sure :
- micro sd Write speed is ok for what you looking for : H2testw freesoftware
- format micro sd by dji processing,
- be sure micro sd is format by dji, (fat format for 4Gb files)
- if any files, like Tiff, Png or strange name... stay on your card = it is possible DJI do not recognize them and error write/read (it was a fatal error from X4S from myself, I2 not take off because of !)

I am having the same problem. 4 days ago it was all working fine. I go to update everything to get ready for a big project and the next thing I know, I can't switch to video mode. It freezes then cycles back to camera mode. It will however let me use the camera mode as normal.

-x4s Camera

Did anyone ever find anything out?? I would be grateful for a response!

***Update***

I plugged into DJI Assistant to revert back to the previous firmware and still having the same issue. I also uninstalled the app on my ipad and reinstalled. Tried formatting the sdcard and even using a different one. Still nothing.

Running firmware 01.01.0200 after downgrading from 01.01.0300.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stonecentreaus