Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire experience - so far

Reaction score
I bought a new inspire 1 v2 pro from B&H photo just over a month ago. I received it 2 days after I purchased it, that night I attempted to update the firmware, but it failed (several attempts). The next day I talk to there support people, who can't get it to work and issue me a return. I package it up and send it back to the using the ups label the sent me. It takes 2 days to get there , 2 days for them to ship me out a new one and 2 days for it to arrive. I have to update the firmware again, this time it works. The next day I attempt to fly it and the transmission signal is crap and I am getting green blocks on the iPad picture. I try to use different cords and tablets, I try a different location, same results.

Here is where it gets fun. I call B&H only to find out that the entire place is closed for 10 days for their holiday. So I am stuck with $2700 brick sitting in my office. I get the bright (stupid) idea of contacting DJI support , hoping they can help me fix the issue. After 2+ hours of trying different things , they tell me that they will need to replace it. A day later I finally get the return ups label and info and ship it out. They used UPS ground, and it takes 7 days for it to arrive in California. After 2 days of not hearing anything from them, I call (#15 in the queue) and after 35 mins on hold I finally speak to someone who tells me that they have received it and it is in processing, but cannot tell me how long processing takes. I wait 3 more days and call again , another 35 mins on hold and the person tells me that it has been moved to the replacement department and to watch my email for an update, but can't tell how long it will be before a replacement will be shipped.

So now just shy of a month since I purchased the 1st one I am still without an inspire that has cost me $2700.

I talked to B&H after the reopened and for all the trouble that I have gone through , they have issued me a $20 store credit.

I can only hope that things get better.

Welcome to the site !!
Clearly you are not smart enough for this.
B&H is the BEST place you can by from, (and you passed on them helping you out).
If you paid with a Credit Card, I would call them first thing Monday morning and get them to do a "Charge Back".

Your first mistake was NOT trying to fly it before you updated, (twice you did that).
Second mistake was sending it back to DJI, (where you will grow old and gray waiting for help).

Call your CC company and get them involved.

These are my own opinions, it's my privilege to share them, please don't think that I am speaking on behalf of Inspire Pilots.com, (or the other members) - Good luck to you !! :)

Sorry you had such a bad experience. DJI makes good gear but, has crap QC. This is why I've chosen to buy my gear from a resale vendor. With DJI you are just another number. With "XYZ Drones" that's a local entity, they are much more likely to be responsive and remedy the situation.

Welcome to the site !!
B&H is the BEST place you can by from, (and you passed on them helping you out).
If you paid with a Credit Card, I would call them first thing Monday morning and get them to do a "Charge Back".

Your first mistake was NOT trying to fly it before you updated, (twice you did that).
Second mistake was sending it back to DJI, (where you will grow old and gray waiting for help).

These are my own opinions, it's my privilege to share them, please don't think that I am speaking on behalf of Inspire Pilots.com, (or the other members) - Good luck to you !! :)
You know, all you had to do was leave that first sentence off and this reply would have been palatable but, you had to make a personal dig. I've seen you do this multiple times. What the hell is your problem?

I bought a new inspire 1 v2 pro from B&H photo just over a month ago. I received it 2 days after I purchased it, that night I attempted to update the firmware, but it failed (several attempts). The next day I talk to there support people, who can't get it to work and issue me a return. I package it up and send it back to the using the ups label the sent me. It takes 2 days to get there , 2 days for them to ship me out a new one and 2 days for it to arrive. I have to update the firmware again, this time it works. The next day I attempt to fly it and the transmission signal is crap and I am getting green blocks on the iPad picture. I try to use different cords and tablets, I try a different location, same results.

Here is where it gets fun. I call B&H only to find out that the entire place is closed for 10 days for their holiday. So I am stuck with $2700 brick sitting in my office. I get the bright (stupid) idea of contacting DJI support , hoping they can help me fix the issue. After 2+ hours of trying different things , they tell me that they will need to replace it. A day later I finally get the return ups label and info and ship it out. They used UPS ground, and it takes 7 days for it to arrive in California. After 2 days of not hearing anything from them, I call (#15 in the queue) and after 35 mins on hold I finally speak to someone who tells me that they have received it and it is in processing, but cannot tell me how long processing takes. I wait 3 more days and call again , another 35 mins on hold and the person tells me that it has been moved to the replacement department and to watch my email for an update, but can't tell how long it will be before a replacement will be shipped.

So now just shy of a month since I purchased the 1st one I am still without an inspire that has cost me $2700.

I talked to B&H after the reopened and for all the trouble that I have gone through , they have issued me a $20 store credit.

If it is taking 7 days to get to DJI in CA you must be someone on the east coast like we are. If there is ever anything we can do to help you, please let us know...

Thanks!

Sorry you had such a bad experience. DJI makes good gear but, has crap QC. This is why I've chosen to buy my gear from a resale vendor. With DJI you are just another number. With "XYZ Drones" that's a local entity, they are much more likely to be responsive and remedy the situation.

100% correct. In this situation, the OP should have picked up the phone to speak with the dealer (which I understand their dealer was closed). The dealer should have walked the customer through diagnosis steps on their firmware update. If no resolution could be reached through assisting the end user, the dealer should issue an RMA for a DOA product and provide the end user with a prepaid return label. Upon receiving the DOA unit the dealer can issue a replacement unit and ultimately the dealer should be testing that replacement unit with the end user's consent prior to shipping the new unit to ensure that the end user will not receive another DOA unit.

OP (@eagleflight) -- I am sorry to hear about your experience and hope that is properly resolved ASAP

Welcome to the site !!

I guess you have never made a mistake in your life .

In hind sight I should have waited the 10 days for B&H to reopen, but when you are sitting there with a $2700 piece of crap in front of you, One would hope that the makers would be able to offer a solution to fix the issue.

Reactions: pilotbcm20
You got a problem with my opinions Dr ??? tough cookies
Not your job to follow me around and agree or disagree with my opinions.
I made no "personal dig", just "an observation".
The words I used can be found in the dictionary, and have meanings.
It is not up to you to tell me which words I should, and should not use.

Have you also seen me post "nice job" multiple times, (or do you have a "blind eye" to that) ??
It's my observation that while you can do nice work that you appear to be an ******* for no reason, especially when it's not necessary. There are plenty of words in the dictionary but, not all of them apply to a situation and their mere existence doesn't give anyone the right to use them on others. What do you have to loose by simply answering a post without throwing in your personal observations regarding the OP? Follow you around? I come to this forum to learn new things and enjoy what others are sharing. Unfortunately, this forum, like some of the others out there is getting more and more full of people who seem to enjoy being mean.

It's my observation that while you can do nice work that you appear to be an ******* for no reason, especially when it's not necessary. There are plenty of words in the dictionary but, not all of them apply to a situation and their mere existence doesn't give anyone the right to use them on others. What do you have to loose by simply answering a post without throwing in your personal observations regarding the OP? Follow you around? I come to this forum to learn new things and enjoy what others are sharing. Unfortunately, this forum, like some of the others out there is getting more and more full of people who seem to enjoy being mean.

I think you know this already, but that 'a$$hole' just wasted 10 minutes of you life when you wrote that response. Best to let that stuff roll off your back and assume his 'mean' tone was unintentional. Otherwise things escalate and chew up valuable forum space.

By the way, about B&H, they have similar manners as Adorama, where I bought mine. These stores have decent websites and pricing, but they sometimes fall back to their tried and true brick and mortar store hours. Not open 24/7 ???C'mon man! At some point, they will be online only and never close.

Hang in there man! You will love the Inspire Pro. I am a new owner of mine as well, and I also had the green bars and the like which has been solved as a result of the firmware update. I won't jump to recommend DJI repair or customer service as everything appears to move at a snails pace. However I can say that the products are phenomenal. Be patient, the payoff is worth it.

I had similar experience with a DOA TB47 that came with mine. By the time Adorama said Ok, ship it back (about 5 days after receiving and 2 days after DJI agreeing the battery was bad) I had sent the TB47 back to DJI and bought a TB48 off Amazon. I do remember the firmware taking a very very long time and thinking the bird was dead. I think it took about 2-3 weeks from the time I sent the battery to DJI to the time I got it back.

I no longer purchase DJI products new. Even with a warranty it is absolute torture to deal with either the reseller or corporation. Simple fact is you just want it to work out of the box. Constant firmware updates makes the entire product line vulnerable especially after the warranty expires. Nope...Test a used unit for complete functionality, exchange with cash in hand and usually a huge discount....never update the firmware. Don't try to fix what's is not broken.

Quote....The next day I attempt to fly it and the transmission signal is crap and I am getting green blocks on the iPad picture. I try to use different cords and tablets, I try a different location, same results.
Try putting your Ipad in Airplane Mode when you fly and see if you get better and more channels.

Last edited:

The unfortunate thing is the problem with the video feed was probably your iPad. I tried a regular mini and had the same problem. IThrough a little research I discovered that an air 2 is minimum, iPad 4 is better and a Pro is best.

I bought a Shield K1 that worked flawlessly until it updated to Android 7, now it crashes all the time running to go app

The biggest mistake was sending it to DJI, if they do a replacement and a problem still exists, you no longer can return it to B & H as the serial numbers no longer match with the one they sold you. I hope this works out for you.

I live in CT. If you would like to trade a MINT P4 and additional cash for your Inspire, reply back. I was/am looking to buy an Inspire 1 v 2.0. I will take it with the defect you report and work it from there.

Stop @ firmware 1.8. Problems solved and nothing in your future but rock solid reliability. NEVER update the FW ever again. Stay @ 1.8. I speak from great experience.

Here's your happy place:

App 3.1.5 (You can let this update all you wish)

Aircraft 1.8.1.00

Remote 1.6.0

Camera 1.8.1.00

Ignore all third party warnings, "Will only run on latest firmware."

You're welcome.

Reactions: Advexure
I am brand new to Inspire but not other drones. I am looking for comments on this post. I always upgrade to latest firmware and don't have problems. Comments on this please...I will receive my Inspire 1 V 2.0 on Wednesday (G_d willing)

I am brand new to Inspire but not other drones. I am looking for comments on this post. I always upgrade to latest firmware and don't have problems. Comments on this please...I will receive my Inspire 1 V 2.0 on Wednesday (G_d willing)

With all due respect, I never understood the reasoning behind installing the latest firmware. Unless there is a PUBLISHED bug fix, don't be a beta tester! I stopped @ v1.8 and never looked back. I have 25+ hours on my Inspire 1, v2.0 and it has been rock solid. Not so much as a hiccup in 25+ hours of flight. Using cheapo range extenders, I get up 6,000' away before losing signal. Since all my gigs are < 4,000', reception is always rock solid.

If you read the release notes, v1.9 expands NFZ's, and then v1.10 removes closed airports. What DJI does NOT publish is a well-known reception issue with the latest FW update. So now they're going to release v1.11 to fix the shortcomings of v1.10....the proverbial "dog chasing his tail" scenario.

Look...DJI got it RIGHT with v1.8. Why screw around with anything else??? Good luck!

Reactions: emtea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875