Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

N-Number

Working on that now. I have N numbers for both of my P4s for that very reason. It is not a FAA rule, but I understand needed since it is a foreign aircraft on their soil.
The approach I did for the P4s was to request a N number reservation. (Vanity Number) FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Availability Inquiry find one you want, reserve it for $10 once approved, takes about a month then have them assign it with Aircraft Certification – Registration Forms

Took a few letters back and forth. They will want a notarized affidavit of ownership, copy of receipt.

Look up FAA Registry - Aircraft - N-Number Inquiry
To see how someone has their I2 listed.

I had one job where the private tower wanted me to have a transceiver in case of an emergency. Never used it but the N number would have made the calls much easier.

Reactions: JROK and Tommcmick
Hi guys, I bought an I2 used that has an N number registered with the FAA. They have sent me a couple of letters to transfer the number into my name. I don't have any commercial license and fly for my own use and recreation. My question, is there any reason to keep the N number and would they even let a recreational pilot have one? Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this for me.

You could transfer it without a 107. You can own any aircraft and not hold a pilot's license or type certification to fly it.
Unless you plan to fly outside the country, may not be worth the effort to transfer it. If you already have another UAS registration and not flying commercial, it is my understanding that the same FAA number is good for all your drones. Only when flying commercially do you need a registration for all.

Thanks Gary. So the N number would be required if flying outside the US even if just recreational? Guessing the rules would vary country by country.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07