Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK NATS Drone Assist app

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
NATS has launched a new app for iOS and Android called Drone Assist. It provided detailed maps on airfields and local hazards (power lines, railways, schools, etc) and allows you to register your flight location. It lets other users and NATS to see where UAVs are operating for up to an hour.

It is free to download from the Apple App Store for the iPhone only.

Yep I saw that today at drone show, I downloaded it as well, altitude angel the company that makes the app for nats has some really good stuff planned

You need to select iPhone (not iPad) and search for "drone assist".

I used it today for a commercial shoot. Once registered and logged in, it finds your location and allows you to enter a Title, a short description and whether you are a recreational or commercial pilot. You then click Flight Record to "fly now" and It puts a 500m radius circle on the map for others to see. Quick and easy.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: ash223
You need to select iPhone (not iPad) and search for "drone assist".

I used it today for a commercial shoot. Once registered and logged in, it finds your location and allows you to enter a Title, a short description and whether you are a recreational or commercial pilot. You then click Flight Record to "fly now" and It puts a 500m radius circle on the map for others to see. Quick and easy.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
What would really be great if this info was then taken by NATS and transmitted to the relevant ATC in the area so that they can warn anyone in the area that a UAV is operating.

Reactions: ash223
Is this a UK only app? I don't find it in apps store usa. Found a link to google apps only but the map has the city of Reading on it.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Oh ok thanks!

That's not to say that the FAA will not do something similar of course but it would be country specific since it would be linked to ATC.
The UK has two main ATC coordination centres for the entire country whereas the US I believe has fragmented Air Traffic so might be a harder ask.

Hopefully. This is not really my area,
I'm a photographer turned into drones for obvious reasons. It's been a new learning experience and I'm likening very much but still new. Here in the forum is great reading. Thanks!

I think it is a great app and has vast potential, I've certainly made it part of my pre-flight planing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadpoetryweb