Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Battery Charger Soon?

This may sound obvious but I purchased a 2nd I2 charger and just plug them both in to charge 8 batteries. I know it's not optimal but it does the job.

Right there with you on this one, @RobH2. Always a fan of keeping things simple. Most importantly this solution is what DJI recommends for battery longevity. When you begin looking at multichargers, stations and charging hubs for simultaneous charging you run the risk of less than optimal charging practice (not with all by any means, but there are definitely many other that are more risky than others).

Sticking to DJI branded chargers and equipment is the best thing that can be done. Non-branded chargers are out there and we hear that some work great, but the level of security you get knowing that a DJI Charger was designed specifically for charging a DJI Battery is worthy with a large investment in a platform like an Inspire 2.

Components needed for another DJI charging setup:

Inspire 2 180W Power Adaptor – $69
DJI 180W Power Adapter AC Cable – $5
Inspire 2 Charging Hub – $99

All in for another Inspire 2 Charging Setup = $173
Everything listed is IN STOCK here at Advexure, free shipping, and same day shipping if ordered by 4pm PT.

Inspire-2-unboxing_battery-pair-charging-1200x801.jpg

And with that you've got a second complete charging hub that is almost completely the same as the charging setup that came with your Inspire 2. The only difference is that the chargers included with the I2 have a different AC Cable connection versus the spare adaptor AC Cables. See below:

AC-Cables.jpg

Hopefully we'll begin to hear some chatter soon - esp. with the I2, M200 and new Ronin 2 using the same batteries - the demand for TB50's is going to be quite high and the demand for charging them is too!

Personally I'm trying to hold off spending the £/$180 or so for another charger as I'd rather put that money to the bigger charging pack... if it ever sees the light of day tho'!

Right there with you on this one, @RobH2. Always a fan of keeping things simple. Most importantly this solution is what DJI recommends for battery longevity. When you begin looking at multichargers, stations and charging hubs for simultaneous charging you run the risk of less than optimal charging practice (not with all by any means, but there are definitely many other that are more risky than others).

Sticking to DJI branded chargers and equipment is the best thing that can be done. Non-branded chargers are out there and we hear that some work great, but the level of security you get knowing that a DJI Charger was designed specifically for charging a DJI Battery is worthy with a large investment in a platform like an Inspire 2.

Components needed for another DJI charging setup:

Inspire 2 180W Power Adaptor – $69
DJI 180W Power Adapter AC Cable – $5
Inspire 2 Charging Hub – $99

All in for another Inspire 2 Charging Setup = $173
Everything listed is IN STOCK here at Advexure, free shipping, and same day shipping if ordered by 4pm PT.

Inspire-2-unboxing_battery-pair-charging-1200x801.jpg

And with that you've got a second complete charging hub that is almost completely the same as the charging setup that came with your Inspire 2. The only difference is that the chargers included with the I2 have a different AC Cable connection versus the spare adaptor AC Cables. See below:

View attachment 14481

Woah, this is the first in hearing the charger costs more than 100$. The hub itself is 100$? Then u have to buy the cords????? Really? As if 100$ wasn't costly enough. I was just about t commit $100. But over $180 for a charger that only charges 2 batteries? Insane.

$173?!!! Wow. Why would they ever sell everything separately? How could you ever just want the hub? Cutting the cord sure. But this is ridiculous. Just as bad as not selling the batteries an a 2 pack. I can't believe we as the consumers have put up with his bs for so long. Yet we keep giving our money away.

So I've finally found out that you will be very disappointed if you think you will be able to charge anything with your newly purchased $100 charging hub. It won't charge a **** thing unless you buy the $75 cord.

I realize coorperate needs to make their money. But common. No where in dji website does it say you need more tham just the $100 hub. Nowhere. It's not like there's an option of cords to choose from. Just sell me a grossly over priced charger for $175 and stop dickin us around!!!

So I've finally found out that you will be very disappointed if you think you will be able to charge anything with your newly purchased $100 charging hub. It won't charge a **** thing unless you buy the $75 cord.
is it not a standard style cable (as per desktop computer, etc)

I do not know. If anyone can confirm this it'd be awesome not to spend %75 more on the cord

As Advexure said, there are 3 bits to the charger. The 4 port battery Hub, the power "brick", and the mains cable. Each of those three parts is bought separately when buying a 2nd charger.

The power brick is made for DJI and is around $/£70 which is actually a pretty fair price for a 180W PSU of it's kind. Dell ones sell for similar kinds of prices, Apple's own 85W ones aren't much cheaper!

The cord as-supplied-with-the-I2 original charger is a 3 pin cloverleaf C5 shape, the additional charger bricks purchased from dji (which for some reason are different) take a standard 3 pin IEC "kettle" lead - these are all industry standard and available from an electrical supplier for a few $£'s.

I just can't understand. I do love he product as a whole. They put great wonderful effort into these beautiful machines. So I don't like to dog on dji. Too much! But a few concepts just don't click with me. Chargers and no discount on a dual pack of batteries.

I don't understand the desire for them to sell the hub and cables or two batteries together, unless they were willing to sell it both ways and give a discount on the package (which doesn't seem likely).

The way it is, if a hub fails we have to spend $99, not $173 after which we would still have an extra cable and no way to get another (new) hub to go with it. The same goes for batteries...it's possible for one to fail, some people use one for charging controllers, etc.

They should be more clear when you need to buy another product to make the one you're buying work though...

I don't understand the desire for them to sell the hub and cables or two batteries together, unless they were willing to sell it both ways and give a discount on the package (which doesn't seem likely).

The way it is, if a hub fails we have to spend $99, not $173 after which we would still have an extra cable and no way to get another (new) hub to go with it. The same goes for batteries...it's possible for one to fail, some people use one for charging controllers, etc.

They should be more clear when you need to buy another product to make the one you're buying work though...

Isn't that how most of the works works? But one for a cost. Buy 5 for a discounted price. But 10 for even cheaper? You never see business sell items cheaper in bulk?

You are going to need more batteries. You are going to need to add 15-20 minutes for each set of batteries to cool down before recharging.
I take a small ice chest with me. It reduces that 15-20 minutes to less than 5. Also you have to factor in battery swap and possible media swap into the turn-around time, so, yes... 20 minute flight but then I find another 5 to 10 minutes for ground ops and reconnoiter is realistic. So I plan on 1/2 hour per flight.

I take a small ice chest with me. It reduces that 15-20 minutes to less than 5. Also you have to factor in battery swap and possible media swap into the turn-around time, so, yes... 20 minute flight but then I find another 5 to 10 minutes for ground ops and reconnoiter is realistic. So I plan on 1/2 hour per flight.

Ice chest? I thought about that. You don't have any issues with condensation? I was worried that cooling down batteries like this
1. Condensation inside the batteries

2. Might it be putting too much wear n tare on the battery cells?
I know batteries and welders are different. But I put an extra cooking fan on my welder to make it weld longer without locking out. It worked. But it eventually fried my welder.

Thank you for your input!!!

Isn't that how most of the works works? But one for a cost. Buy 5 for a discounted price. But 10 for even cheaper? You never see business sell items cheaper in bulk?

Of course, buying in bulk often gets a discount, and if you want to by 50 hubs they might make you a deal, but if they included the cables with the hub I don't believe they would give a discount. When I first tried to buy a focus wheel for the I2, I added up the cost of the package they had and it was exactly the same price as buying the pieces individually.

If they offered individual parts *and* bundles at a discount, that would be nice. I wouldn't want to be forced to buy things I don't need though, especially at full price.

Of course, buying in bulk often gets a discount, and if you want to by 50 hubs they might make you a deal, but if they included the cables with the hub I don't believe they would give a discount. When I first tried to buy a focus wheel for the I2, I added up the cost of the package they had and it was exactly the same price as buying the pieces individually.

If they offered individual parts *and* bundles at a discount, that would be nice. I wouldn't want to be forced to buy things I don't need though, especially at full price.

Reasonable explanation. Are you from the states?

I believe it's just because dji wants as much money as possible. Which is fair I guess. If it were an American company, the price points would be reasonable. But of course ya have to consider what the product may be like, i.e. Not as technical as it is now?

It sounds like it's Stockholm syndrome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212