Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Droner - Southern CA

Reaction score
First post on the forum although I've followed it for the last couple months...Got a Mavic back in late October (my first real drone). Have really enjoyed it and really found myself quite immersed in all of this new drone technology. At the beginning of the month I picked up an Inspire 2 (w/ X5S) and now have already been doing a few different jobs for friends and connections of mine who need aerials. These are just for friends and I am not charging as they're really just favors...plus I'm nowhere near an expert to be charging for anything yet.

I'm looking at getting my Part 107 in the next month and getting into an aerial business here in Southern California. I'm 56 and retired, just looking for a little something to do here and there that's FUN! Nothing too serious by any means. Have always been very into tech and the way drones are emerging really captures my interest. This forum has been very helpful and I'm looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable in drones in my free time.

@mpaerial - Welcome to forum, we're happy to have you here. Always great to see fellow Souther California drone pilots here on the forum. Sounds like you're off and running with your drones and that's great to hear! I'm not sure where you are located here in SoCal but definitely do your homework on all of the restricted airspace. Be smart and be safe.

If you're in the LA area and want to schedule your Part 107 exam let us know. We've got a great contact over at the Santa Monica Airport where all of our guys here have done their testing and we've sent many other future certified remote pilots from the area over there as well.

Enjoy your Mavic and Inspire! Safe and happy flying! :cool:

Reactions: mpaerial
I got both my Mavic and my Inspire 2 from you. I've spoken with people at your company a number of times and you were the ones that made me aware of this forum a couple months ago.

I really appreciate how knowledgeable and helpful you guys are. That goes a long way. I ordered some more batteries from you yesterday and they just arrived with my mailman 10 minutes ago. Thank you all for the fast and helpful service.

First post on the forum although I've followed it for the last couple months...Got a Mavic back in late October (my first real drone). Have really enjoyed it and really found myself quite immersed in all of this new drone technology. At the beginning of the month I picked up an Inspire 2 (w/ X5S) and now have already been doing a few different jobs for friends and connections of mine who need aerials. These are just for friends and I am not charging as they're really just favors...plus I'm nowhere near an expert to be charging for anything yet.

I'm looking at getting my Part 107 in the next month and getting into an aerial business here in Southern California. I'm 56 and retired, just looking for a little something to do here and there that's FUN! Nothing too serious by any means. Have always been very into tech and the way drones are emerging really captures my interest. This forum has been very helpful and I'm looking forward to becoming more knowledgeable in drones in my free time.
Hello MPaerial,
Welcome to the Inspire forum.
I too, am flying the Inspire 1, but with the Litchi software. Gave up on DJI GO after a year of slow progress. Would love to upgrade to the Inspire 2, but right now business will not support. Just got my Part 107 out at John Wayne and have applied for Authorization to fly controlled airspace out at Santa Monica. Have note heard back if approved. I am looking for good training material for the Litchi Waypoints....most of what is out on Youtube is out of date and for the Phantom and is not detailed enough to address Inspire unique camera or aircraft settings. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo