Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmwares issued

GO4 app 4.3.4 was released for the CS models. iOS app is usually out the gates first.

True, IOS often first, then Android & CS... I use all 3 depending on needs. But my point was 4.3.4 was released prior to Updated TB50/55 Battery FW, not directly associated. Just a note for others to be aware, that the battery FW will apply even if they don't see a Go4 app update performed. Personally I find it more stable for multiple battery set updates to use DJI Asst 2, the Go4 App (IOS or Android) often over looks battery swaps and fails to prompt until next initial app start... not consistent but happens, where the DJI Asst 2 is consistent by hitting the refresh.

True, IOS often first, then Android & CS... I use all 3 depending on needs. But my point was 4.3.4 was released prior to Updated TB50/55 Battery FW, not directly associated. Just a note for others to be aware, that the battery FW will apply even if they don't see a Go4 app update performed. Personally I find it more stable for multiple battery set updates to use DJI Asst 2, the Go4 App (IOS or Android) often over looks battery swaps and fails to prompt until next initial app start... not consistent but happens, where the DJI Asst 2 is consistent by hitting the refresh.
Hi there,

Like a lot of you or there I am about to do the firmware updates for I2, X5S and Cendence.
I would really like to update them all through Assistant 2, but I'm still having problems connecting the Cendence or the standard RC for that matter, with Assistant.
Tried all sort of installations of the software (v1.2.4, with acceptance of unsigned drivers), but still not able to make connection with RC's.
How did you guys manage that?

Regards,

I've read the FW updates for the TB50 & 55's but dates are confusing. The DJI4Go 4.3.4 app was released over 2 weeks ago... on the IOS App Store, I updated some time back so questioning where the App update was I checked the release date on App Store and it indicates over 2 Weeks Ago for version 4.3.4.

So the Battery FW updates after a version check separate to 4.3.4 since battery FW update was just recently released.
When powered up & connected to drone, the App checks for updates and pulls the Battery FW update down or likewise through DJI Asst2.

Wanted to clarify if others were looking for an updated DJI 4Go App if previously updated their Apps.

Yes I found that two of my battery sets were inconsistent. I followed the advice on the forum on each set of batteries, 2 were OK and 2 were not. All corrected now, thanks to everyone.

Hi there,

Like a lot of you or there I am about to do the firmware updates for I2, X5S and Cendence.
I would really like to update them all through Assistant 2, but I'm still having problems connecting the Cendence or the standard RC for that matter, with Assistant.
Tried all sort of installations of the software (v1.2.4, with acceptance of unsigned drivers), but still not able to make connection with RC's.
How did you guys manage that?

Regards,
You don't update the RC units with Assistant 2, you need to do the RC updates via the DJI Go 4 app -certainly for the standard controllers (I don't use the Cedence). With the standard controllers, turn off the Inspire 2, then start the RC and then the Go 4 app, it should then prompt you to update the RC.

If you don't get an update prompt, then press and hold down the 3 -'s in the top right of the Go4 "Go Fly" screen for a couple of seconds, then release. You should then be taken to a firmware status page. As the Inspire 2 is powered off, this page will show the firmware installed for the RC unit, along with any options to update, refresh or downgrade the firmware (if available).

If the Inspire 2 is powered up and connected to the RC, then the 3 -'s status page will show the aircraft's firmware level and any available refresh/update options.

Reactions: iFly2
Please, can you confirm that LAOWA 7.5mm lens work with the .300 firmware (without hot swapping) Thank you

You don't update the RC units with Assistant 2, you need to do the RC updates via the DJI Go 4 app -certainly for the standard controllers (I don't use the Cedence). With the standard controllers, turn off the Inspire 2, then start the RC and then the Go 4 app, it should then prompt you to update the RC.

If you don't get an update prompt, then press and hold down the 3 -'s in the top right of the Go4 "Go Fly" screen for a couple of seconds, then release. You should then be taken to a firmware status page. As the Inspire 2 is powered off, this page will show the firmware installed for the RC unit, along with any options to update, refresh or downgrade the firmware (if available).

If the Inspire 2 is powered up and connected to the RC, then the 3 -'s status page will show the aircraft's firmware level and any available refresh/update options.
Hi there,

Yeah, I know the Go4 procedure, but the Cendence manual says it can be updated through PC with micro-USB and Assistant 2 and I have done so in the past when I just purchased my Cendence and Inspire 2. As with the standard RC!
But somehow it doesn't work with recent versions of Assistant and you can't downgrade because lower versions of Assistant won't connect to Inspire 2 anymore. [emoji26]

But I'm sorry, where I find the FW of the batteries? How am I supposed to update them? Thank you so much

After you upgrade craft and RC to .300, just insert next pair of batteries and start up again: GO4 will announce incompatible FW. Wait for the announcement. Just slide to update and that battery pair will be updated. Takes about 2 mins/pair.

Easy, Peasy!

New version of GO 4 app released which indicates an optimized firmware update process in the release notes.
This iOS FW released on 20 Nov, ver 4.3.5, haven’t powered up the CS yet to see if available.
Anyone have any updates on the 4.3.5 ?

When I do this it says "Get firmware version failed" after holding the 3 -'s. I have power cycled and updated my iPad's and GO4 apps. Nothing will make them check for new firmware for the RCs. Is there any way to manually update the standard remotes?

Update: I was attempting it on an iPad Mini 4 and it refused to work. I switched to an older iPad Mini 2 and it worked first try.

Last edited:
Was taking a closer looking at the DJI News page on the Battery Firmware TB50 & TB55.
The November update to address the Firmware was a quick short term fix, with a projected December update scheduled.
Note for Inspire 2 & M210 Owners - Within the news page it's indicated NOT to use the TB50 updated in 1 of the platforms in the other until AFTER the December Firmware update. If you update a set of TB50'S in I2, don't use them in M210 and vise versa. They indicate it will lock up the aircraft.
DJI Issues Firmware Updates For TB50 And TB55 Batteries

Along this subject; I still find it very strange how only the 1 Police CT Unit made the Press and the UK issued a Flight Notice. As much as the Press enjoys to paint the Drone world as evil, I doubt they wouldn't jump at the chance to demonstrate more episodes of M200 Series failing & falling from the sky.

On the other hand, I find it hard even with the politics at play that a flight notice would be issued by the Govt. with only 1 example.
I didn't read any more incidents... there was 1 other but it was questionable validated. Where were the hundreds... or even dozens of incidents?

Has the Govt Flight Notice been lifted, recalled or cancelled. Seems the whole matter just slipped away to silence. This just isn't the SOP when a Govt Agency issues a flight notice. You normally need to have a "Finding" and a "Conclusion" to move forward with next action; I saw nothing in the Press.

I use multiple brands, and Yuneec is one other. I found it interesting on the Yuneec Forum how much more chatter and assertion of grave tragedy this issue became, when I challenged it was expressed essentially how this had to involve hundreds of cases but most were being kept quiet. I expressed the opposite, the press would enjoy showing the public the dangerous DJI Drones.

I am surprised how this quietly slipped into the background with basically zip for follow-up when it was considered so major that a notice of concern was issued by a UK Govt Agency. But on the same token, found it odd how not one whisper was issued on the USA FAA site.

Anyway... Inspire 2 & M210 Owners... note the caution not to use TB50's from 1 bird FW in the other bird till after December FW update.

Did you use a charging station to previously update your batteries? I did, and the .300 update will not update the batteries. DJI had acknowledged the issue and we have to wait for a battery station update to do the batteries. Looks like the old BS firmware had a higher number than the one .300 pushed out.

Please let me know if there’s a battery charger update.

But I'm sorry, where I find the FW of the batteries? How am I supposed to update them? Thank you so much

When you’re updating your firmware on the aircraft you have to place your batteries in the aircraft and then it’ll update each set of batteries. So it takes awhile to update all the batteries.

The strange thing is that during the most recent .300 update it does not appear to perform a battery firmware update at all!

Usually any update which includes new battery firmware will either run the update each time you power up with an non-updated set of batteries or require the firmware update using the battery station ... but not this .300 update!

Well, the .300 firmware update certainly performed an update to my I2's batteries, and to all subsequent pairs I put in it to be updated. Monitored the TB50 firmware versions using the battery station & the firmware level definitely changed. If you've not been prompted to update your batteries, then exit dpi go 4, insert the batteries into the I2 and fire it up, once you enter Go 4 wait at the "Go Fly" Screen for a few seconds and it should prompt you to update with the inconsistent firmware warning.

I've not had a chance to fly much for the last couple of weeks, updated the DJI Go 4 to the latest version today and flew two sets of batteries in 5ºC weather (batteries above 19ºC to start with), totally uneventful flights - logs didn't give any warnings, no on-screen landing gear warnings, no IMU or compass warnings, and the Airdata/Healthydrones log didn't show any signs of the previous "TB50 issue" warnings. Voltage levels from a combined 25.0/25.4v down to 22.0/21.9v (~96% to 13-15% at motors off).

Unusually there wasn't the usual constant barrage of high wind warnings either, maybe (just maybe :rolleyes:) DJI have sorted the onslaught of warning messages for once :) Only thing I noticed was a touch of sideways gimbal drift with the 45mm attached.

Well, the .300 firmware update certainly performed an update to my I2's batteries, and to all subsequent pairs I put in it to be updated. Monitored the TB50 firmware versions using the battery station & the firmware level definitely changed. If you've not been prompted to update your batteries, then exit dpi go 4, insert the batteries into the I2 and fire it up, once you enter Go 4 wait at the "Go Fly" Screen for a few seconds and it should prompt you to update with the inconsistent firmware warning.

I've not had a chance to fly much for the last couple of weeks, updated the DJI Go 4 to the latest version today and flew two sets of batteries in 5ºC weather (batteries above 19ºC to start with), totally uneventful flights - logs didn't give any warnings, no on-screen landing gear warnings, no IMU or compass warnings, and the Airdata/Healthydrones log didn't show any signs of the previous "TB50 issue" warnings. Voltage levels from a combined 25.0/25.4v down to 22.0/21.9v (~96% to 13-15% at motors off).

Unusually there wasn't the usual constant barrage of high wind warnings either, maybe (just maybe :rolleyes:) DJI have sorted the onslaught of warning messages for once :) Only thing I noticed was a touch of sideways gimbal drift with the 45mm attached.
Don't worry - they will screw everything up again in the next round.

Let’s start a list of c#@%k ups ...

1. GPS was lost mid flight. I continued to fly the remainder of the battery in ATI for about 8 minutes. Landed, turned off, turned back on, GPS returned immediately. Whilst GPS loss has occurred many times mid flight it has never lasted more than about 60 seconds before this update.

2. Whilst top speed is ok at around 55mph, acceleration is pants. Not much use when a lot of my flying involves chasing cars around a race track!

3. The Go4 app still crashes once or twice a day on my CrystalSky ... nothing new there then!

Reactions: Phil DeVore

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
proferlofurniture