Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New FW for I2 v01.02.05

Release Notes attached.

Date: 2020.09.09
Aircraft Firmware: V01.02.05
Remote Controller Firmware: Ordinary Remote Controller: V01.01.0080 Cendence Remote Controller: V02.00.0190
DJI GO 4 app: iOS V4.3.37 or above, Android V4.3.36 or above

What's New?
  • Added support for Inspire 2 CINESSD 960GB (coming soon).
  • Optimized gimbal to reduce minor roll rotation when aircraft is flying left or right. Make sure to update aircraft and gimbal at the same time.
  • Optimized gimbal to reduce drift when there is no operation or when operation is stopped while aircraft is hovering. Make sure to update aircraft and gimbal at the same time.
  • Optimized power management during flight. Flight power is dynamically adjusted according to the battery temperature and remaining battery power, improving battery usage safety.
  • Fixed occasional issue: battery level displayed in app was higher than actual battery level, which lead to battery level dropping suddenly. Make sure to update all batteries.

Notes
  • This firmware update is important. It fixes a critical issue where battery level suddenly drops during flight due to an inaccurate battery level calculation. Make sure to update immediately.
  • Once firmware has been updated, it cannot be reverted to an earlier version.
  • Inspire 2 CINESSD 960GB can only be used with CINESSD Reader UG2 (coming soon), while the CINESSD Reader UG2 can be used with all Inspire 2 CINESSD.
  • When using Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X4S/X5S/X7, it is recommended to update both at the same time.
  • Make sure both primary and secondary remote controllers are updated to the latest firmware to avoid control errors or camera and gimbal abnormalities.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app, then retry

Attachments

• Inspire_2_Release_Notes_EN_20200909.pdf
    381 KB · Views: 24
Hard to believe DJI still has all those major bug fixes this far into the game. This is why I'm always 2 years behind the latest/greatest technology. Seems to take about that long to work out all the bugs.

D

This seems like some good news, probably means the x7 will work with the Inspire 3 which will use bigger SSDs.
The 24, 35 and 50 dl lenses are designed to work with a full size sensor, so those will probably work with the x8 or 9 when released.
I hate dead end gear.

I have. So far so good. The horizon hold seems better. Many of the settings have been reversed back to default after the update. Worth going through in GO4 to make sure that all is as you want.

I’m thinking of diving into this update. But I have a small project I have to film every week for 3 Months for a construction project. So a not excited about it not working. But I’ve always been an update then ask question guy up to now.

Glad it’s working well. I’m going to wait for a few people to chime in. Probably update in December when done this project.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
One thought to consider would be the release notes. DJI may not be telling you all that is included in the package. I’ll watch this and and hang back.
There are a few posts about this FW on I2 rcgroups forum. Some people writing there have been testing this FW for DJI for 2 weeks prior to its official release and they have not had anything bad to say.

And hopefully nothing bad will happen. We shall see.
With anything new there is always an element of risk. But if nothing bad happened after 2 weeks of testing by some respectable fliers and contributors on RCG I decided to upgrade and could only see benefits so far. But to each his own..I will be flying very carefully for next few days as I always do with anything new added or changed on the AC. That has always been the case as part of my standard operating procedure.
Also worth watching:

Last edited:
Flew 3 sets of batteries, seems stable, downloading my video, x7 with the 16 and 35.
Batteries have new firmware 1.0.0.87

I updated with both, at first DJI GO, than I updated the batteries using Assistant.
12 batteries, a pair at a time, also ran the update with cameras attached.

One key point if you also fly the M200 is that the format for the batteries is now the same. So you will be able to swap batteries between the two models and not have to wait for firmware incompatibilities to work themselves out.

I just ran this update last night on a fresh set of batteries. When the update was complete and the Inspire restarted, I got an error that the "Battery voltage difference too large". 7 charges on the paired set and I've never had a battery issue prior. I let the set charge overnight and took it out for a flight this morning. While the voltage error didn't pop up, one battery dropped to 98% while the other remained at 100% within the first few moments. I see the update addressed some battery reading/charge display issues and am wondering if my issue is somehow related to that.

Otherwise, the update went smoothly for 2 remotes and 3 sets of batteries.

A full recharge of the batteries and the error is gone. I'm noticing a much wider variation between batteries than I had prior to the update. I flew for about 10 minutes following the update, no new issues noticed outside of the battery voltages.

Hi, we are having an issue with the new FW, don't update!! After the update everything seemed to be ok and I did a test flight nearby but when I got to our shoot location and asked to perform a compass calibration the celebration failed over and over again. We couldn't take off???

This has happened to my friend too after updating.. DJI!!!

• Wow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde