Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"No Image Transmission Signal": a punishment?

Reaction score
I'm in the middle of nowhere, 25 miles from civilization, total wilderness. "No Image Transmission Signal" or "Aircraft Disconnected" happen to me twice during last 3 weeks, affecting both of my drones (P3P and I1P) simultaneously. However, as I moved the birds to nearest town, the warnings disappeared and drones were functioning normally. Aircrafts are controlled by Go app 3.1.2 on the same iPad Air2. All cables and accessible hardware connections checked OK, tablet overheating not a issue. Last "disability" happen July 2, both drones were working fine next day at different place, no issue since.

Numerous reports of similar issues are posted on related forums. I one case the entire fleet of drones - I1P and three spare P3P - was crippled simultaneously on job site. It seems like the periodical "blindness" affects only Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 aircrafts with older FW and controlled by previous versions of Go app.

Is it a "spanking" for refusal to update the DJI software?

In your main settings menu have you checked your Image Transmission Settings? The latest update seems to have changed/wiped default settings. I don't have an Inspire in front of me tonight but I'd recommend checking through your settings there.

In your main settings menu have you checked your Image Transmission Settings? The latest update seems to have changed/wiped default settings. I don't have an Inspire in front of me tonight but I'd recommend checking through your settings there.
No, I didn't. Please read my post again: both birds are on a year old FW, flying happily with no issue whatsoever under equally old Go app 3.1.2 on my iPad Air 2. Until recently, that is ... So, how is the air different here in Rocky Mountains 1000km from home?

Reactions: Advexure
No, I didn't. Please read my post again: both birds are on a year old FW, flying happily with no issue whatsoever under equally old Go app 3.1.2 on my iPad Air 2. Until recently, that is ... So, how is the air different here in Rocky Mountains 1000km from home?
This may or may not help your situation. After a repair my I2 would only go 200-300 feet before it had the weak transmission signal and/ or loss of signal and sometimes AC disconnect. I could still control the I2 but did not think it wise to fly any further. I searched the net and this site for two days. This morning I checked the transmissions settings under HD and noticed that the Output Mode was set to PIP image transmission. I changed this to Photo image transmission and flew over 3000 feet with no loss of transmission signal. That change, plus being more aware of the orientation of the RC antenna relative to the I2 seems to have solved the signal problem.

This may or may not help your situation. After a repair my I2 would only go 200-300 feet before it had the weak transmission signal and/ or loss of signal and sometimes AC disconnect. I could still control the I2 but did not think it wise to fly any further. I searched the net and this site for two days. This morning I checked the transmissions settings under HD and noticed that the Output Mode was set to PIP image transmission. I changed this to Photo image transmission and flew over 3000 feet with no loss of transmission signal. That change, plus being more aware of the orientation of the RC antenna relative to the I2 seems to have solved the signal problem.
Thank you for trying, but I2 is a different specimen. No such option on my I1Pro and P3Pro birds. Both aircrafts are either transmitting video signal or - suddenly - not. BOTH, I must repeat. I shut down first crippled drone, I'm powering up another immediately after and see identical red "No Image Transmission Signal" warning on top of the screen. Sorry, no filming here! I'm loading all equipment back into my 4x4, drive dusty and bumpy forest roads back to town 50km and ... boom! All drones works charmingly again ... Until the next "blindness" some day soon, somewhere with no cellular coverage, no WiFi, no internet, no electricity, no civilization ... Go figure ...

Reactions: eldorado
Some friends and I fly the inspire 1 around the outback and we think iron ore in the ground can have serious implications on the transmission signal. Either that or the bird is haunted. Good luck to you friend.

Some friends and I fly the inspire 1 around the outback and we think iron ore in the ground can have serious implications on the transmission signal. Either that or the bird is haunted. Good luck to you friend.
Unfortunately I smell fish here, not an Sherman tank buried in the ground since WWII :( ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hukumkaikka