Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

no video feed

Reaction score
hi guys,
i stepped back into the drone game after a year and a half out of it.
I bought the old drone i used to use which was sat and unused for that whole time,
I cycled the batteries, and drained em all without flying keeping an eye on the cells and it seems they are ok,
I did a few test flights, all more or less ok, the app dropped video once, and the phone wanted to calibrate the gyro during the flights,
BUT!!

I then went to do a flight, and I had no video, where as I had video on all of the test flights.

I read somewhere that DJI were implementing some new lockout if you dont update your details on their data base, could this be the case? I did have a live data connection on the phone when I powered up, so in theory they could have locked out the camera!

Does anyone think this is a possibility or should I be looking for another cause elsewhere?

hi guys,
i stepped back into the drone game after a year and a half out of it.
I bought the old drone i used to use which was sat and unused for that whole time,
I cycled the batteries, and drained em all without flying keeping an eye on the cells and it seems they are ok,
I did a few test flights, all more or less ok, the app dropped video once, and the phone wanted to calibrate the gyro during the flights,
BUT!!

I then went to do a flight, and I had no video, where as I had video on all of the test flights.

I read somewhere that DJI were implementing some new lockout if you dont update your details on their data base, could this be the case? I did have a live data connection on the phone when I powered up, so in theory they could have locked out the camera!

Does anyone think this is a possibility or should I be looking for another cause elsewhere?
Hey Moose - welcome back. :)
Unless you have updated the the firmware recently I'd be looking for another cause.
It's possible the camera connecting plate/pins may have oxidized very slightly due to non use and therefore the camera connection is intermittent.
I'd check them very closely for alignment and also give them a clean with a good quality contact cleaner like DeOxit

Hey Moose - welcome back. :)
Unless you have updated the the firmware recently I'd be looking for another cause.
It's the possible the camera connecting plate/pins may have oxidized very slightly due to non use and therefore the camera connection is intermittent.
I'd check them very closely for alignment and also give them a clean with a good quality contact cleaner like DeOxit
hello,
its good to be back. i havent changed the firmware since about 2 years back, when i got this old unit i decided that since it was working last time I used it then changing the firmware wasnt the best idea until I confirm it is still working.

i will take a look at the pins and see if they look oxidised or misplaced.
as I started the app the top left corner was green, then turned red and said "intermittent video" then said "no video" or something to that effect.

i did take off the camera and reseat it, and reboot the drone a few times, i will investigate further, ta!

ok, so i took a look at the contacts last night, they are fine, shiney and good like they should be,

It turned out to be a badly formatted memory card in the camera, when I removed it then I got the video back, So I guess I hadnt inserted one during my tests at the beggining.

I will format it and see what happens,

100% you must upgrade the film where are you'll have no video feed I personally have done it has happened to me I would not fly without it ended up costing me a gear and an alarm

I dont fully understand your reply. what is the "film"? I can fly a drone without video if not close quarters flight, i have been flying them for 8 years or so now.
More importantly, i wouldnt fly if the drone isnt operating as expected, hence this post.
but it seems that the memory card was at fault.

Consider your self lucky and if you upgrade the firm ware good luck. I just signed up and am reading Around as the Inspire 1 FedEx dropped off today has. No image transmission signal..
I've spent 8 hours on it already.
Everything works except live feed

What I meant is that if the firmware on you bird and controller are not up to date and your phone or iPad is updated then this problem occurs it has personally happened to me. Also make sure that your go app is up to date too. I know it seems silly but my bird fell from the ski because of this firmware problem. I have ran into one other weird thing with the inspire and video feed problems with was that the battery in my phone would over heat and shut down my phone. Causing no video , my phone would go from 100% to zero in one minute because of a short in my phone battery. Just to be safe try a different device for video.
Hope this helps .

IMG_3830.JPG Mine is a fresh factory reset iPad Air 2, fresh install of the dji go. Firmwares updated (until tonight now shows a + on the aircraft firmware.

I welcome any and all input because this bird and controllers were all PERFECT until firmware updates!!

Okay can you try one more thing . Do you get video feed when not linked to gps like using it in doors ? And make sure you are connected to your home wifi ? I would also update the bird for good measure and make sure all you updated files took before deleting them from your memory card. Sorry this is a dumb question but you are using a blank memory card for updating right.
Hope this helps, Rodger

Okay can you try one more thing . Do you get video feed when not linked to gps like using it in doors ? And make sure you are connected to your home wifi ? I would also update the bird for good measure and make sure all you updated files took before deleting them from your memory card. Sorry this is a dumb question but you are using a blank memory card for updating right.
Hope this helps, Rodger

I cut off gps handling it last night. It verbally announced ati mode. Was connected to internet (was using iPhone 5s) last night for testing but was in my wifi range too.
Two different micro sd cards. I also tried to format both with pc based laptop. And tried both bird formatted.

I'll check for that update today. Not sure if I'm ready to throw the newest on it as then it's updating with a existing problem. I've also read bird can only go back one firmware version?

Last edited:
I know this is a silly question but I hope that you have tryied a different cable from your phone to controller? Try to use the best quality cable you can . Did you say that you did try going back a update on both? By any chance do you have a second controller? If you do try the other one . If not you need to try a new port on your controller. It comes off really easy . I have replaced 2 of them already. They are the same as the ones on the phamotom 4 with the HDMI port . Pop the cover and a couple of screws and your done . Let me know how you make out . Oh that port is like 60-80 dollars.

Another thing you can try is going in and turning on the HDMI port on the back of the radio and plug in an HDMI monitor and see if you get a feed from the HDMI port. That would also help determine if the problem is with the copter to the remote or between the remote and your mobile device. If you do not get a video feed after turning on the HDMI port on an HDMI monitor then you know its either in the copter, camera, or it still could be the HDMI module on the remote controller that @Rodger That mentioned.

Yup tried new cable today. Thank heaven for 711 LOL! Closest place on lunch break. 8 bucks was
Worth a shot. As of now I do have a second controller. Both controllers have been tried. I almost tried the HDMI But didn't. I attempted to downgrade the bird it wasn't having it.

So after reading around more and all, I attempted firmware update today to get the generated hidden log file. I'm getting that damned 800 and 1500 like device not detected. I'll have a chat with DJI tomorrow. But pretty annoyed there was NO ISSUES until forced firmware updates.

I also just want my camera fixed. I've read a few times after searching tons apparently it's a corruption on the camera board it self? And that's all they need sent it? I sure as heck hope so! This bird camera remotes are cream puffs maybe 20 flights total!!

Have to say I've had this set up for a week or so from a friend of mine. It was all set to go until he was forced to do the updates. He warned me ahead of time what was up. Being my social circles geek, I was hoping could fix it. Good thing the Carson facility is only about 30 miles from me. Maybe I'll just drive it up there and drop it off. I'm not in a rush and would rather not have them rush it.

Another thing you can try is going in and turning on the HDMI port on the back of the radio and plug in an HDMI monitor and see if you get a feed from the HDMI port. That would also help determine if the problem is with the copter to the remote or between the remote and your mobile device. If you do not get a video feed after turning on the HDMI port on an HDMI monitor then you know its either in the copter, camera, or it still could be the HDMI module on the remote controller that @Rodger That mentioned.
Does the hdmi module also process the live feed sent to tablet, phone etc?

Does the hdmi module also process the live feed sent to tablet, phone etc?
Yes, the board contains all the plugs on the back of the remote. I actually just removed one from a LB2 unit (M600 remote) to change it out for the port expander module so I will take a quick photo of it to show you. That one is slightly different because it has an HDMI and an SDI port on it...but in general terms the modules are all designed the same - meaning there is only one module that has all the ports on it (HDMI, USB, CanBus, SDI, etc) - whatever your radio has - they are all on one board.

hdmi module.JPG

Reactions: SanCap
Yes, the board contains all the plugs on the back of the remote. I actually just removed one from a LB2 unit (M600 remote) to change it out for the port expander module so I will take a quick photo of it to show you. That one is slightly different because it has an HDMI and an SDI port on it...but in general terms the modules are all designed the same - meaning there is only one module that has all the ports on it (HDMI, USB, CanBus, SDI, etc) - whatever your radio has - they are all on one board.

View attachment 14137
I'll check it out tomorrow at work. I know there is HDMI, regular USB, Micro USB, one other can't think at the moment. But I'll see if there is any output on it.

I'm kind of leaning towards will not have a signal either.

After attempting another update to get the logs, the logs looks like the camera / video board corruption issue *ill post logs below*

It's just more of a issue that TONS of people have suffered from. And there is apparently nothing users can do. I've read around they won't even share the technology with the authorized dealers / repair centers.

I can't find a clear answer of which will have to go in, camera alone. Or camera controllers and the bird..

Ugh.

Here is the log I've read about and 08 and 15 shows the infamous device not detected..

UGH! 20 or less flights total, FORCED FIRMWARE UPDATE and now no live...

[00007132]Version checking[1]...
[00007206][04 00][00] v1.30.1.43 -> v1.30.1.43
[00019770][08 00][00] device not detected.
[00019812][01 00][00] v2.70.5440 -> v2.70.5440
[00019871][01 01][00] v2.70.5440 -> v2.70.5440
[00019947][03 05][00] v34.1.0.5 -> v34.1.0.5
[00020034][03 06][00] v2.4.20.28 -> v2.4.20.28
[00020127][05 00][00] v3.0.6.2 -> v3.0.6.2
[00020187][09 00][00] v3.1.0.0 -> v3.1.0.0
[00020287][11 00][00] v3.10.0.0 -> v3.9.0.0
[00020387][12 00][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020486][12 01][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020587][12 02][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00020687][12 03][00] v1.11.0.0 -> v1.11.0.0
[00033321][15 00][00] device not detected.
[00033407][17 00][00] v1.1.0.8 -> v1.1.0.8
[00033525][17 01][00] v2.0.1.6 -> v2.0.1.6
[00033585][19 00][00] v1.0.8.96 -> v1.0.8.96
[00035633]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude