Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

NOISE Using SSD PLZ help!!

Reaction score
Experience NOISE!!! Flares while SSD recording at night ...what to do?

iso 800
f1.7
shutter 50
bf143696197206456500676eec4dbfad.jpg
bf143696197206456500676eec4dbfad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Honestly your side by side screenshots look identical. Upload originals and maybe someone can help. Also, don't forget the SD card footage is highly compressed so the noise is less noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't tell anything from those screenshots, but it's very possible that the Inspire 2 doesn't apply any noise reduction to the prores & RAW footage whereas it does to the SD card footage. h264/h265 compression will also hide some noise.

Noise reduction is best applied in post (same thing with sharpening), anyway, so I'd say that most filmmakers who would be using the prores/raw files would prefer it that way.

No sir. RAW, ProRes and full burst DNG stills are limited to the SSD only and the larger DNG formats can only be recorded to the larger SSD options.

Why is that then? There are larger SDs that are just as fast... or does DJI just want to sell their own very expensive SSDs?
On another note, can one use an SSD of another manufacturer?

Why is that then? There are larger SDs that are just as fast... or does DJI just want to sell their own very expensive SSDs?
On another note, can one use an SSD of another manufacturer?

I am unaware of any SD cards that will hit 4.2 Gbps. Sadly, only DJI SSD's. There are some threads going about that here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalyst