Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Not-So-Obvious Inspire Accessories...?

Reaction score
hi all.

i've been lurking this forum for a few months now, as i've been collecting information about the inspire. i've been flying a phantom 3 standard for a little over a year, but as of yesterday, i finally purchased a v2.0, along with:

-4 TB48s
-1 DBS Itelite Range extender
-2 1345T Prop Sets and balancing rod for this prop
-4 Motor Covers
-1 iPad Mini4 Sunshield from Ariel Drone Accessories

I was wondering, though - are there any other not-so-obvious accessories i might want to look into? something that perhaps the veteran inspire pilots learned to incorporate into their kit through experience? i want to get a gpc case, but that will have to wait, given the amount of money i've spent on this initial purchase. but if there's some small something that will come in handy that i haven't taken into account, it would be very cool to know about.

thanks a bunch for your time.

aeromirage: i'll definitely take a close look at the case.

tcchow: i got the hub for 4 batteries and a 180 watt power supply. are there any nd filters in particular you'd suggest?

If you don't mind to spend, go for Polar Pro, if you not familiar with taking photos, go for the Kenko Pro ND4 and ND8, these filters are good for balancing the X5 too

In shopping around for filters, here's an interesting aspect.
The X5 manual gives no specification, but the Inspire 1 Pro manual does.
"Filters must have a weight of 7-11g with those weighing 10-11g performing the best"

So, I was looking at Polar Pro and Neewer. I went with the Neewers because of the weight, and I am glad I did.
I have the UV (10g) on the camera and it is balanced perfectly. I am sure that 4g less would not be balanced, making the camera 'Back heavy'.
($48.06 less also.) I never let price alone dictate buying decisions. (If that were true would I own an Inspire Pro?!!!)

Polar Pro:
UV Filter: (6 grams)
CP Filter: (7.65 grams)
ND8 Filter: (6 grams)
$99.99 set / 3 with case

Neewer:
UV Filter Weight: 10g
CPL Filter Weight: 10.5g
ND16 Filter Weight: 10g
ND2-400 Filter Weight: 11g
$51.93 set / 4 with wallet

Thought I would pass this along.
Also, the ND2-400 is awesome!! Very cool.

Reactions: PacoSaiso
aeromirage: thanks a bunch for the info. that charger looks amazing! but i've not seen one for less than 500 bucks. also i'd love to be able to not let price dictate my decision too, but i'm still in school (senior, major is computer programming) and money is tight. i had to save for awhile to be able to afford the kit i got, but i'm really looking forward to upgrading to an x5 or a z3 in the future.

I waited and found one new on eBay for $440. The charger is worth every penny. I even sold my DJI chargers to help offset the cost.
Welcome to the fold!! Fly safe and enjoy!!!

i'm definitely going to save up for that charger. it will be a couple months before i'm able to afford it, though. thanks for the well wishes.

ftolino: how long does the battery last on that? does it cause any balance issues? and does the added weight affect flight time noticably?

I noticed nothing with balance nothing with flight time it's very light

Attachments

• 14735676024611361270567.jpg
    14735676024611361270567.jpg
    570.6 KB · Views: 62
I noticed nothing with balance nothing with flight time it's very light
That funny-looking setup on the table there is strobe the battery set up a kind of made half-assed for my Phantom 4 but it's the same battery and strobes that are on the inspire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc