Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ohhh sh!t in my pants moment

Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted to share a scary moment with all here. The video is a raw fotage i need some bits from - but the scary moment is only in the start (you can skip the rest boring stuff)

Reactions: Cruncher
Any radio inference when you were inside the wires? Agree with the comment, plan your flight, survey your flight, fly your flight, debrief the flight.

Reactions: Kenneth Sands
i agree - survey of flight is VERY important - but its not first time i was flying there, it was first time i used "follow me" tho - seems just we had a disagreement on left and right. I simply pushed the wrong button, which could have costed me my little bird - my worst 10 sec in a long time. But it did cost a prop tho.

i agree - survey of flight is VERY important - but its not first time i was flying there, it was first time i used "follow me" tho - seems just we had a disagreement on left and right. I simply pushed the wrong button, which could have costed me my little bird - my worst 10 sec in a long time. But it did cost a prop tho.
Ah, follow me. That explains. Always tricky with obstacles alongside the road. There's no guarantee that it will exactly follow the path you want. There's always some (sometimes huge) deviation where you never expected it. If I use it i make sure the I1 is well clear above any obstacle on the route before engaging.

Great save.... I fell victim to "follow me" a couple of weeks ago. I swear that tree was 60 ft tall. All is good now.. lesson learned. Plan your work, work your plan, and don't get in a hurry.

Busch, this is a great post. Firstly, because you got away with it, and secondly because you messed up and shared the potential problem with other users rather than keeping it quiet. In the world of flight safety there is much to learn from other people's experiences. It can be hard flying near cables because you can't get a perspective from a distance.

Great save chap!

How did it cost a prop, did you actually clip it?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Reactions: Lesmess
How did it cost a prop, did you actually clip it?

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
Yeah - seems i just clipped it - 1 prop is scratched and the tip is cracked from tip and aprox. 2,5 (1 inch) in, so a very lucky moment.

And just for the record - this was solely my fault, can't blame it on anyone or anything except the onwer of the UAV!

Grizz1 : LMAO yeah - that could have been the reason ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875