Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Omnidirectional external antennas

Reaction score
Hi:
so, while we are dealing with an HDMI output issue (waiting for DJI response), we are fine tuning our "ground station" for live feed to OB trucks:
We need to improve our radio signal. The slave RC must be close to the OB truck, and sometimes not in the best spot to use the stock antennas fixed to the RC. We are planning to connect two high gain dual band omnidirectional antennas and mount them in a high pole/mast. Are any of you using something like this? Wich brand of antenna/cable type/cable max. lenght are you using?
We are not aiming for extreme range. The farthest we can go is 500m, but we need the signal to be solid at every moment. And as the video signal goes straight to the slave RC, we need to improve that signal, is that right? (is not a problem if in the master RC we receive a frozen frame from time to time).
If you have some photos of your setup it would be great
Thanks!!
Alejandro
CinePilots

Hi:
so, while we are dealing with an HDMI output issue (waiting for DJI response), we are fine tuning our "ground station" for live feed to OB trucks:
We need to improve our radio signal. The slave RC must be close to the OB truck, and sometimes not in the best spot to use the stock antennas fixed to the RC. We are planning to connect two high gain dual band omnidirectional antennas and mount them in a high pole/mast. Are any of you using something like this? Wich brand of antenna/cable type/cable max. lenght are you using?
We are not aiming for extreme range. The farthest we can go is 500m, but we need the signal to be solid at every moment. And as the video signal goes straight to the slave RC, we need to improve that signal, is that right? (is not a problem if in the master RC we receive a frozen frame from time to time).
If you have some photos of your setup it would be great
Thanks!!
Alejandro
CinePilots
I do not know what country you are in but the problem with nearly all countries is they have pretty robust RF transmission/emission laws and as soon as you do something like this you will be drastically altering the EIRP of the equipment which was tested and approved to work under certain criteria and fixed gain antenna arrangements.
There are usually very heavy fines imposed for breaching spectrum specific transmission powers and the Inspire 2 remote will be acting not just as a receiver but transmitter as well - in in slave mode.

I live in Argentina
There is a goverment office in charge. ENACOM. I know it´s working: Someone knocked the door at home of a friend of mine, and when he opened the door, a group of men coming from a white van, like in a X-files chapter, asked for his old Gigaset wireless phone, saying that it was operating in a forbiden frequency. He did not received a fine.
I´m aware of altering the EIRP, specially with the wrong gear. But just positioning the proper antenna higher may not turn it illegal. You only need to keep in mind the limit allowed in every country.
Just curious about different solutions from colleagues for this. You can improve things keeping them inside legal parameters. That wasn´t the question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pl500examdumps