Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Only 3 Battery LEDs lighting up.

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by SurferKhaled, Nov 27, 2015.

1. SurferKhaled

Hi All,

Just returned from a flight and recharging the batteries, one of them when I press the red button, no LEDs light up, this registered as an anomaly, but I plugged it in the charger and it started charging from the 2nd LED up...
    LED 1 was not lighting up?!

Had a quick chat with DJI and he asked for a screenshot of the battery screen, all was normal (see attached) and he advised I pop it in the Inspire, switch it on to idle and drain the battery until it just switches off.

Did that and came back everything was dead - ok, plugged it back in the charger and same thing was happening...

Left it again and came back when the battery LEDs were all off and when I press the battery button, only the top 3 LED's light up... (See pics)

What does this mean? a dead cell? (incidentally, how many cells in the inspire 1 battery)?

Battery screen still showing all ok... had another chat with DJI and this time, he says Battery has expired - was sorry and said I need to buy a new one...

So is it true? a battery with 18 charges and 96% battery life is now dead and unsafe to use?
    Battery is about 8 months old, but obviously not heavily used.

Photo 27-11-2015, 8 10 03 AM.jpg Photo 26-11-2015, 7 18 01 PM.jpg Photo 26-11-2015, 7 16 28 PM.jpg

2. Scotflieger

It suggests to me that the LED1 on the battery is faulty as it is not illuminating in any condition.

As indicated by your App screenshot, all I1 batteries have 6 cells. From my records for batteries with FW 1.3.0.0 or later, the calculated battery life decreases one percent (1%) for every 4-5 charges. Therefore, your 96% after 18 charges is correct.

3. SurferKhaled

Thanks @Scotflieger - That did occur to me for a split second, but I then dismissed it thinking "nah, an LED burns on one of those batteries... unlikely" - I'll test it for a while and monitor...