Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo and X5

Reaction score
OK, so I have the I1 Pro with X5 camera and gymbal and am looking at getting the Osmo and to use the X5 on it. I see the DJI appears to have finally released the X5 adapter for it though I'm not sure what the actual availability is at this point. There also appears to be a Z-axis that can be used with the X5 and it looks like the Z-axis adapter is the only thing you need between the Osmo and X5 -- that is, it does not look like you need the X5 adapter if you're using the Z-axis unit making the Z-axis a kind of adapter for the X5.

So, since I have no desire to buy the full Osmo with X3 camera the route I should take is to get the handle, the X5 adapter and perhaps the Z-axis unit, but just to be clear, is there one Z-axis unit usable with both the X3 and X5/X5R or is there two different Z-axis units? Lastly, what about spare batteries? How long does a battery last with the X5?

Brian

Let me start with saying what a wonderful piece of machinery this would be. I have an x5 and bought the adapter for my OSMO. I really look forward to the z-axis stabilization. This being said please hold off on buying the OSMO. I have purchased 2 of them so far hoping to get a unit that will keep the horizon level during yaw movements. If I rotate the camera 15 degrees the horizon dips 25 degrees and then slowly levels itself. There are countless users experiencing this and we are getting zero help from DJI. My x5 works perfect on the Inspire and no amount of calibration using the OSMO has alleviated this problem. If we dont talk with our wallets this problem will get ignored.....

Jeremy James

Are Osmo X5 owners still having bad horizon tilt problems?

How usable is the Osmo with X5 -- is the firmware and Go app up to snuff yet?

What about availability of the X5 adapter and Z-axis unit?

Brian

Are Osmo X5 owners still having bad horizon tilt problems?

How usable is the Osmo with X5 -- is the firmware and Go app up to snuff yet?

What about availability of the X5 adapter and Z-axis unit?

Brian
My horizon is very good. The app works quite well also, no real complaints except it would be nice to be able to tune the sensitivity of how much it follows your wrist movements. I find if I am running and gunning it gets super out of wack if you are trying to move around a subject that is moving. If that makes any sense.

I've been very impressed with the x5 / osmo combination.

I just received a z-axis and the spring in it cannot hold up the x5 camera. I'm guessing I need a stronger spring.

I've been very impressed with the x5 / osmo combination.

I just received a z-axis and the spring in it cannot hold up the x5 camera. I'm guessing I need a stronger spring.
You need the X5 z-axis Osmo adapter which has not been released yet.
The current one is not compatible with the X5(R)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP