Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Osmo test: off road driving

Reaction score
dji osmo is set up static clamped to a tripod. The jeep is set up for street driving, tire pressure and sway bar connected to get maximum movement. As you can hear there is tons of vibration and noise from the gimbal motors and buttons. An external mic is highly recommended.

IMG_5870.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5870.JPG
    IMG_5870.JPG
    932.2 KB · Views: 18
very cool, pretty smooth. on my "want" list. :)
As soon as I saw 15 minutes, I instantly hopped about for about 20 seconds and then turned it off. If it were 2 minutes I would probably watch it, 4 minutes maybe, 8 minutes no way, 15 minutes lol

very cool, pretty smooth. on my "want" list. :)
As soon as I saw 15 minutes, I instantly hopped about for about 20 seconds and then turned it off. If it were 2 minutes I would probably watch it, 4 minutes maybe, 8 minutes no way, 15 minutes lol

it's a bit long but you get the idea pretty quickly. it's raw footage, I will post a trimmed down version

I can't believe how horrible the built-in mic is. What a gimmick. They shouldn't even have tried to add one if that's the quality of audio it can capture. The product page should say "external mic required."

Glass half full or half empty.
They could have left audio recording off...would that be better...no.

I think the harsh vibrations are cause by the gimbal trying to compensate for vertical shock, which it is not designed to do. Had it been mounted on the "Mountain bike mount" there would have been
far less vibration and the gimbal wouldn't have been working so hard.
Here is a picture of a "Libra" Gyro stabilized head mounted on our EVT (electric tracking vehicle). You can see that we mount the head on our "Vertical Shock Isolator" to deduce the vertical shock load on the head, which like the Osmo, is NOT design for vertical shock control, it's the 4th dimension of travel. I have run this car for 12 years in the film industry. Without a vertical shock isolator the stabilize head gains need to be reduced, reducing the quality of stabilization.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.JPG
    IMG_0935.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
collegetour