Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK PfCO operation manual questions

Reaction score
Have a questions to all licensed pilot. Do you think the PfCO operation manual be difficult to prepare.

I'm coming from a non-English speaking country, my English is good enough for general daily communication, but maybe not good enough to "write" such manual which need formal wording and grammar.

Let's share your view ;)

Have a questions to all licensed pilot. Do you think the PfCO operation manual be difficult to prepare.

I'm coming from a non-English speaking country, my English is good enough for general daily communication, but maybe not good enough to "write" such manual which need formal wording and grammar.

Let's share your view ;)
Moved to certified pilots section

Reactions: JoePGM

Let's share your view ;)
As long as you choose a good NQE for your ground school then they will provide you with a template for your ops manual.
You can then adapt this for your own operation but your checklists, emergency procedures, aircraft details, and certain other areas will be your own work.
The NQE will help you through this and will sign off on the ops manual before you submit it to the CAA for approval.
If your instructor is not happy with your manual it will not get through to the next stage.

The NQEs were told to stop suppling generic ops manual templates pre filled in sometime ago.

The CAA spotted a lot of manuals the same and just names changed / aircraft

Some NQE's now provide a service where you tell them what UAV(s) you will be using and how and they will do the Ops manual for you, for a very reasonable charge (given the stress it seems to cause everyone).

The downside of this of course is the possible explosion of new pilots making it harder for us all to get work!

Some NQE's now provide a service where you tell them what UAV(s) you will be using and how and they will do the Ops manual for you, for a very reasonable charge (given the stress it seems to cause everyone).

The downside of this of course is the possible explosion of new pilots making it harder for us all to get work!
And the fact that those pilots will probably never read their own manual and be clueless as to how to react in an emergency.

Do they?
I'd like to know who they are as in my opinion they have no place in being an NQE!
An ops manual should be the individuals/companies own work product and nobody else's.
The content should be understood by the author together with the reasoning behind the content being included.
I do not see how an NQE can effectively 'write' someone else's checklists and emergency procedures for them.
Presumably these same NQE's take the flight assessment for the candidate as well! :rolleyes:

I think thats why the CAA said stop doing it to some NQEs because they were just generic ops manuals and so many of them coming through.

Reactions: The Editor
Do they?
I'd like to know who they are as in my opinion they have no place in being an NQE!
An ops manual should be the individuals/companies own work product and nobody else's.
The content should be understood by the author together with the reasoning behind the content being included.
I do not see how an NQE can effectively 'write' someone else's checklists and emergency procedures for them.
Presumably these same NQE's take the flight assessment for the candidate as well! :rolleyes:

I used this NQE for my training but not the ops manual service which they have only just introduced: Additional Services | CUAVA

I think the ones that got told to stop were just generating a total generic manual no matter what business they were in.

where as this reads as bespoke service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77