Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Poll: Who has never had a problem with Inspire 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TRIPC, Jan 25, 2016.

?
  1. Never had a problem

59.6%
  2. Had a little quirk

23.5%
  3. Needed a trip to DJI for service

14.0%
  4. First one didn't last

2.9%
  1. TRIPC

Saw this on the Phantom board and was very intresting..

2. TRIPC

Never had any problems with mine.

3. JasonUK

My problems all result from not reading the manual correctly (or at all!)

Inspire itself has been faultless.

4. Tj_

Tj_

For those of you without problems.

You're all jinxed now!:D

5. go fast

I was afraid of that , almost did'nt want to reply :)

6. The Phantom Menace

I was thinking the same thing.... :)

7. RaptorMan

I had a firmware problem with the RC when I first updated my new I1 Pro, but DJI tech support was able to walk me through that.

One other problem I've had and still have is a recurring communications issue that seems to be mostly video downlink related. This has happened in flight and sometime at close range (200 feetish) but it has also happened on power up at even closer range (20 feetish). I'm not sure if this is related to the mismatch between the newer generation RC and the 600/601 copter models.

Brian

8. Figbar

I've only had minor issues that have been solved by folks helping me on this forum. Some camera issues with the x3, but overall, the my Inspire has been extremely reliable. The X5 is producing excellent images...although you actually need to know about photography to get the best out of it. I love my Inspire...just ask my wife.

The Editor and Phil-RCGeeks like this.
  9. Phil-RCGeeks

Approved Vendor

Like figbar said. A handful of minor problems but mostly solved through the support of the helpful people in this foum

The Editor likes this.
  10. speckfisher

:eek: I'm scared to reply myself. 80 flights without an issue. We need a continuous survey running so we can add successful flight hours without incident vs incidents. Then qualify the incidences.......:cool: Yeah I know we can't do that........o_O Oh yeah, I just started flying the I1 Dec. 27th.

11. kcobello

Never really had a problem. Usually my lack of doing things in order like FW upgrades and having an issue.

12. Dr_Dooms

137 flights. No errors.
    I just follow what Dji tells us to do, update when needed, and always do a preflight checklist.

13. MindOverEye

We own 6 - had one fall out of the sky twice (DJI fixed the first time then replaced the second time). One of my guys crashed one when he hit RTH and tried to fly thru a mountain in Utah. We repaired that one in-house. Other than that, we have flown them on many shoots without the slightest issue. Wish they were faster and had motor parity (hex or X8), but of all of our air frames, I am the most comfortable with this one on set. Love the X5 but it's a little sluggish, hoping the X5r isn't worse, although it weighs 100 grams more.

14. fei8820

YES !!! PILOT ERROR ONLY !!!

15. DJInspire

I had to exchange my brand new Inspire 1 without having flown a single time due to faulty ESC ("ESC status error"). The new one does not have this problem.

16. bannon05

I sent mine in to DJI as the second controller was having an issue with losing the video signal at 1/2 mile flying line-of-sight, and DJI replaced the controller under warranty. Still had the issue so I had the DBS mod done on both controllers. I do not fly far out (1/2 - 3/4 mile) but I do sometimes fly on the other side of trees and the video signal is rock solid with the mod.

Original battery had an error message and DJI replaced it for free.

It appears that only a minority of owners experience a major issue resulting in the loss of their aircraft. However, every time I go up I wonder if I am going to become a part of that group and that makes me very nervous!

17. E.T.

My i1 came with bricked battery, exchanged by seller the next day, then one of additional batteries I bought was bricked too, same story,the tricks with cable disconnect didn't work. Otherwise no problems with the bird itself over couple dozen flights, lowest temp about -5c.

18. eric.deroche

Got my first one when it first came out, had it a whole day before a motor froze up and started smoking. Good thing it was on takeoff and only few feet off the ground. Ordered a second one (had it shipped overnight) while that one was in the shop, and it lasted until the first one got back from repair. It had camera issues, repair ticket on first one had same camera fix listed. Knock on wood haven't had any real issues since.

19. zackski

hehehe, you're fortunate Fig, I filed for divorce before buying my first IN1. I do want upgrade (on both) with the X5 cam.

20. offshorecl1

I had a ESC fried. I was lucky he fried (smoke) on the ground, just before I wanted to start to fly. I found a engine with ESC second hand, and repair myself (I change direct ESC and engine, no risk) and tested with hovering during 5 minutes, 30cm above the ground. Now it's about 10 flights later and everything seems OK.