Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Price drop has me thinking

Reaction score
with I1 v2's going for 2k I figured I would consider maybe going in that direction. Unfortunately when I read the reviews and forums it's seems like it's a big headache. Batteries and customer Service and Firmware seem to be the big ones. Am I running into a case of the typical let's post about a problem but stay silent when everything is fine. Knowing what you know would you do it again at today's discounts . Thanks in advance guys .

Hi @Brock.ugk !

I was in the exact same situation as you, but purchased my I1v2 two months ago after careful consideration (price being a considerable factor in the equation), and I couldn't be happier so far.

I have to mention that the longest flight I've done was about 1,6-1,7 km out from point of liftoff, but I still had great images on the DJI Go app, apart from a couple of glitches where the image froze some small 10th's of a second.

Running latest firmware and app version.

Reactions: Brock.ugk
Thanks for the reply brother. I was all set to get a typhoon h pro , but someone mentioned the inspire price drop and now I'm all confused again lol.

I bought my Inspire last January at full price and haven't regretted it once. I wish I knew how far the prices were going to drop!!
Now is the time to get on board!! Now you can get the whole setup for less than I paid for just my (X5) camera!!
I was thinking of buying a second one since the prices have dropped, but I haven't had one bit of trouble from mine.

Just take this bit of advice: Hold off on doing FW updates until you read what others find from doing theirs. I stopped doing them 6 months ago and have no problems.

I bought my Inspire last January at full price and haven't regretted it once. I wish I knew how far the prices were going to drop!!
Now is the time to get on board!! Now you can get the whole setup for less than I paid for just my (X5) camera!!
I was thinking of buying a second one since the prices have dropped, but I haven't had one bit of trouble from mine.

Just take this bit of advice: Hold off on doing FW updates until you read what others find from doing theirs. I stopped doing them 6 months ago and have no problems.
So is that urban legend that DJI's won't fly if not updated?

From what I have read and seen, there's never been any mandatory firmware updates to the DJI range of AC's, although very much possible to do from the manufacturer's side, should there be critical errors that need to be fixed to avoid loss of life etc.

This is a complete fallacy.
And I keep hearing of features lost doing FW updates. If I hear of some benefits coming from an update, I will consider doing it.
If it ain't broke.... don't fix it!

I always stay current with firmwares, ever since 1.3. Never a problem in hundreds of flights, lots over water.
In every update you'll find 'bug fixing' in the update notes. I don't want any old bug bring my bird down.
Only had problems with one Go App update.

Advise: always test how the Go simulator behaves after a FW AND Go App update, before going into the field for a real live test.

I always stay current with firmwares, ever since 1.3. Never a problem in hundreds of flights, lots over water.
In every update you'll find 'bug fixing' in the update notes. I don't want any old bug bring my bird down.
Only had problems with one Go App update.

Advise: always test how the Go simulator behaves after a FW AND Go App update, before going into the field for a real live test.
Appreciate the heads up

I am totally through with updates I stopped also about 6 months ago I had not updated for about 6 months before that, at that time I had to send the bird in esc error, it was brand new, They fixed and back in a week, great service. Though, it is all to much to deal with geo fencing, downgrades to performance, and never knowing what dji is going to do next, I have stopped buying dji products and will wait for alternatives I have a p2 a p3 a and an Inspire 1 v1 They are great and I love them, but I kind of have had it with this whole scene, going to sit out a while and mess with some of my older airplanes and helicopters while I wait to see how this whole industry shakes out.

Reactions: Ftolino
I have 4 inspires. first one when they came out. I have never had an issue with firmware updates. All my stuff updated to the latest firmware. Even my z3 works good. LOL Am I just lucky?

1rst post, 1rst time flyer in my 1rst drone, an Inspire 1 Raw I got 2 weeks ago.

like the OP, I read about all the battery woes, crash reports and firmware problems but took a chance anyway
and granted I only have all of 6 hrs flight time on it (in my life even) but I couldnt be happier.

1rst post, 1rst time flyer in my 1rst drone, an Inspire 1 Raw I got 2 weeks ago.

like the OP, I read about all the battery woes, crash reports and firmware problems but took a chance anyway
and granted I only have all of 6 hrs flight time on it (in my life even) but I couldnt be happier.
Nice I just saw a deal for the raw that wasn't that bad I believe 2,300 or so . I think I'm going to go with an inspire.

Hi @Brock.ugk !

I was in the exact same situation as you, but purchased my I1v2 two months ago after careful consideration (price being a considerable factor in the equation), and I couldn't be happier so far.

I have to mention that the longest flight I've done was about 1,6-1,7 km out from point of liftoff, but I still had great images on the DJI Go app, apart from a couple of glitches where the image froze some small 10th's of a second.

Running latest firmware and app version.
As this turned into a firmware debate, I am replying here. I am wondering how you managed to fly to 1.7km and keep the bird in sight.

As this turned into a firmware debate, I am replying here. I am wondering how you managed to fly to 1.7km and keep the bird in sight.

I used a spotter with binoculars, as I guess most pilots do when embarking on long range flights. Also, in this particular instance, I was flying in the middle of a fjord and could see the bird's silhouette clearly throughout the entire flight.

Last edited:
Right. That would not be allowed here. Need special permission for a Beyond Visual Line of Sight mission. Even then, the spotter must be able to see the drone without aids such as binoculars.

It really depends on what you want to do with it. if you are going to use the standard X3 camera then the typhoon H and inspire are reasonably similar. Having been in close contact with Yuneec UK they said "the inspire with the X5 camera is another step up from the typhoon H and the two should not be put in the same category."

While the Yuneec customer service are very good you shouldn't base your purchase decision solely on this. The typhoon H is a great drone for enthusiasts looking for a camera platform to shoot the family but it is not a professional drone like the inspire pro.

Hope this helps

It really depends on what you want to do with it. if you are going to use the standard X3 camera then the typhoon H and inspire are reasonably similar. Having been in close contact with Yuneec UK they said "the inspire with the X5 camera is another step up from the typhoon H and the two should not be put in the same category."

While the Yuneec customer service are very good you shouldn't base your purchase decision solely on this. The typhoon H is a great drone for enthusiasts looking for a camera platform to shoot the family but it is not a professional drone like the inspire pro.

Hope this helps
This is true........1/2.3 sensor vs micro 4/3rds is a big difference.........

Hope this helps
Definitely helps Droneyboy thanks for the help. The H gives me a sort of toy / gadget feel. I think the big draw to the inspire for me is the ability to upgrade the camera. I'm sure it is going to give me so much more for a 500 dollar increase over the h

The Inspire is such an awesome machine. I've never had a single problem with any update and currently running the most current available FW/software on all devices. I have a Mavic on order yet don't plan to get rid of my V2 anytime soon.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu