Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Private streaming from Inspire 1

Reaction score
Website
www.skysceneimaging.co.uk
Evening Folks from a rainy wet UK!

Don't know if anyone can help with this question. I'm wondering if its possible to stream 'privately' to a customer from my insp 1. Quite a few potential customers are interested in seeing a live feed from the field , but using something like youtube is going to look unprofessional , if that makes sense?

What I'd like to do is allow a customer to see the live feed remotely while we are doing inspection work for them.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Jim

with the inspire 1 you could do a private streaming but you do need a broad bandwidth and a dedicated equipment for it like a Ustream pack or similar.
a private not set to public youtube channel could also do it maybe.
I am not sure about the background of the tech but what I have been looking into when checking on this topic was overwhelming...
servers, decoder etc... dedicated PC or mac with program that can handle the sessions and bandwidth for your stream. Not to mention your phone or tablet you will be using which ideally should be an apple of some sort as my samsung phone and tablet didn´t do it and kind of died on my... (to much processing)

a good program I learned about is: wire cast

a company doing live streams for customers like "shell" - yes the oil-
Drone filming, aerial cinematography and drone broadcasting

they do use a custom made later RTF system for their work and really build themselves up to a great company.

they also use a broadcast system beyond 10 grand only for video transmission... :D LOL

The GO app can now stream to any RTMP streaming platform, so find one that you like and off you go.

we are getting involved with hdmi live streaming, and ill warn you now, it gets quite techy and quite expensive (to do it properly). We take an clean HDMI output from the Inspire (or any other device) and like others have said here we go through Wirecast (Mac). Our setup includes Blackmagic mini recorder thunderbolt capture boxes into Mac Pro and into Wirecast). The output is where you get problems. If you stream to Facebook Live (in a private page which works very well and they can comment live on the page as well) you will be looking at a 720p stream via 3G/4G and you will need to maintain a upload throughput of approx 2.5Mb per second to get the quality. Im not sure where you are in the country but we stream live for emergency scenes, and the reliable upload stream is the most vital part of the whole setup. We have used cellular modems from £100 through to bonded systems at £20k and secure encrypted satellite, so know quite a bit about this and its not for the fainthearted lol.

In short it can be achieved, but not know your exact circumstances, location, budget or technical knowhow, I would not advise blind.

You are more than welcome to PM to see if i can help.

Reactions: Gerba

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SC300ExamDumps