Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems doing a firmware update

Reaction score
I have an Inspire 1 black pro and am having trouble doing the v1.9.1.30 firmware update. I'm currently using the v1.8.1.00. After putting the new update on my root directory and putting it in the quad, it does nothing to update the machine when I start it up. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Thanks!

I have an Inspire 1 black pro and am having trouble doing the v1.9.1.30 firmware update. I'm currently using the v1.8.1.00. After putting the new update on my root directory and putting it in the quad, it does nothing to update the machine when I start it up. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be? Thanks!
Are you using a Mac to transfer the .bin file onto the card by any chance?
If so, use a PC and all should work fine.

Reactions: John Archer

I had this exact problem with my Inspire Pro X5R. After MULTIPLE tries (think, like 10-12) I could not get it updated. I ended up having to send it back to California, where they bench-updated it. Then I got a SECOND Inspire with an X5, while the first one was in California. Could not update that one either (1.8.1.00 to 1.9.1.30). I think the problem is the gimbal(s) not updating, because once I got the first Inspire 1 back, I could update both gimbals, and the second airframe. DJI never gave me any sort of explanation for this.

There are no problems I have found with using a Mac to load .bin files.
Many have though unfortunately.
Nobody has seemed to get to the root cause but in utilising a PC to transfer the file(s) this has solved the problem - very weird!

Many have though unfortunately.
Nobody has seemed to get to the root cause but in utilising a PC to transfer the file(s) this has solved the problem - very weird!
The proper way to do it on the Mac is to format the card within the DJI Go App, then insert card in to your Mac - transfer the files from your Mac to root directory of card, then insert the card back on the bird.

I've never had any problems using this process.

In my case, I used a Mac, a PC, 3 different card readers, 3 different micro SD cards, every filesystem I could format for (HFS, NTFS, etc) and spent probably about 6 hours on the phone with DJI support, all to no avail. Finally they just told me to ship it back to them so they could bench-update it. I think if your airframe and gimbal are stuck on 1.8.0.1, it simply refuses to recognize the .bin file's existence on the card. I'm pretty sure this is a gimbal bug/issue and not an airframe issue. I really wish they had a more direct way of updating the gimbal and airframe firmware than this micro-SD card-swapping rigamarole (which barely works most of the time, for my two Inspires, anyway), such as via the app.

Just finished updating mine. Took like 3 tries till I got a solid green.
Had to reformat it and download it again. I was using a Mac to format it to MS-DOS FAT

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Reactions: William Gaddy

I would stick with 1.08.xx. The only thing v1.09.xx does is expand NFZ's to include many Class D airports. That's it. There's absolutely no advantage to the update...only disadvantage. I've been running 1.08.30 since day 1. 135 flights. Not a single issue. Rock solid. You really wanna screw with that?

Reactions: William Gaddy
I would stick with 1.08.xx. The only thing v1.09.xx does is expand NFZ's to include many Class D airports. That's it. There's absolutely no advantage to the update...only disadvantage. I've been running 1.08.30 since day 1. 135 flights. Not a single issue. Rock solid. You really wanna screw with that?

I'll second that motion. This NFZ stuff needs a more elegant solution, like maybe an OFF SWTICH. As a Part 107 with waivers, this is a real pain in the ***. If I'd have known better I would have stayed on 1.8.30, instead of losing my drone to shipping back to DJI for 3 weeks.

Cheers

HI There, I am having to jump threads and post here as i am not getting any advice on the other thread. Apologies in advance if this goes against the grain but I am also now facing issues with the latest update on my Inspire pro X5R.

Here is the summary of my issues:

I upgraded the RC firmware (v1.7.40) on my Master RC at the weekend and then went to connect with my Slave RC - No JOY. I finally managed to get my SLAVE RC to connect back up again only by Disconnecting the link between MASTER RC and Inspire - syncing my SLAVE RC as the MASTER to the Inspire - then updating the firmware on the SLAVE RC (now my new MASTER) then Disconnecting the updated SLAVE Master from the Inspire and then re syncing my original MASTER RC back to the Inspire and then my original now updated (v1.7.40) SLAVE back as a SLAVE. Now all works fine. However what i find now that with the updated DJI GO App version 3.0.0 - the video link to my inspire is terrible - where as i could fly over 2km out without signal loss i now have issues with weak transmission signal and frequent cut outs even at 5-10m!! So far i have resisted to upgrade the bird and the camera to the latest 1.9.0.00 versions and kept them on version 1.8.1.00+ and 1.8.1.40 respectively. Anyone have any other recommendations or ideas so i can get back to my perfect video signal transmission?

Well after reading through the following posts

1.9.1.30 Firmware for Inspire 1 Series

i took the plunge and have updated straight from v 1.8.1.00+ to v1.9.1.30 for my inspire and camera. I have also updated my batteries. Both my updated Master and Slave RCs connected up no fuss and showed no issues along with my updated DJI Go v3.0.0 on my ipad air and iphone 6+.

Well i am back from 4 test flights and my happiness was short lived. Although the Inspire flew well i kept on getting rolling and lagging images and occasional weak signal transmission before the inevitable lost transmission signal and auto return to home action. I then swapped out my ipad (ipad air running latest mac os 10.2 with DJI Go app version 3 to my Iphone 6+ (mac os 10.2) and thought that did the trick until about 30 secs later and i started to get the same issues with weak and lost video signals again.

DJI are now asking me to swap out my ipad air and iphone 6+ but both these platforms worked very qwell prior to the recent FW update to the all my DJI products.

Anyone any thoughts or advice or recommendations?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212