Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question about landing gear.

Reaction score
I have a I 1v2 that I had just purchased not long ago. My question is everything seems to be working Fine when I take off and land the legs come down and go up as they should. Here’s my question. When the bird is in the landing position getting ready to land I just hover a few inches off the ground then I take off again but I have to raise the legs manually with the remote is this normal or should they go up manually.

I have a I 1v2 that I had just purchased not long ago. My question is everything seems to be working Fine when I take off and land the legs come down and go up as they should. Here’s my question. When the bird is in the landing position getting ready to land I just hover a few inches off the ground then I take off again but I have to raise the legs manually with the remote is this normal or should they go up manually.
Never use the auto landing gear (tried it once never used it since) but from memory the behavior you describe is normal.
The firmware is ‘clever’ enough to know when you have just armed the motors and lifted off and lifts the landing gear once clear of the VPS distance.
Once decending the gear comes down again ready to land but is not ‘intelligent’ enough to know that if you abort and gain altitude to lift the gear again.

there is there is a setting within the go app to turn on and off the auto landing gear. It will lower the gear when you're within about 4 feet of the ground and raise it automatically when you take off if this setting is enabled

That all works fine. The only concern I had is when I don’t completely land and I decide to take off again the legs would not raise automatically I had to do it manually through the RC. I guess this is a normal.

yea i was messing with my two birds the other day and same thing you state. take off arms raise, got to land the lower, but take right back off they stay down.

Yeah that’s normal like everyone said. I do not even have my vps sensor on the bird anymore because that’s where the second battery goes. So I’m use to using the lever on the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArleneOce4