Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Question on rubber band looking thing in x5s box

Reaction score
does anyone know what this is, DJI evidently dont, been on chat 20 min. They told me it was a gimbal head

Looks very much like the band that goes over my X5 camera between the camera body and interchangeable lenses to protect from dust and such like.

that sounds reasonable, DJI is now saying that it is a balancing ring.

All the balancing rings screw onto the lenses and are made of metal, if it's rubber it's the dust cover mate

When I initially replied I don't think the title was X5s, that may have been added later. I have an Inspire 1 and recognised the band hence the pictures from the x5 manual. I couldant tell you if the x5s also comes with the band, maybe anyone else can shed some light for you?

Might be a good idea to use it with the Olympus lens too if it will fit to keep dirt out. I found out the Olympus 45mm if sent in for repair with sand in it costs $355 to fix verses a new one for $399.

Its the dust cover that fits over the focus and aperture rings on the lens body.

The balance ring looks like a filter but without any filter glass in it and is made from aluminum (I think, but could be brass under the coating). On the side of the balance ring after the diameter, it will have a number. Thats it weight. Different lenses take different weight rings (or none at all).

Think its odd yours was loose in the box. Mine came on the lens. As did the balance ring. However I ended up with 2 lens hoods and they look identical as far as I can tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drbhutaniclinic