Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Replacing the Gimbal and Vibration Absorbing Board

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would need to replace the part 23 on my drone and I found this video:

The problem is that is so quick that I cannot follow it up, does anyone has done this before?. Is it very tricky?.
Do you know any videos in more detail than this one?.

Thanks so much!

Also I would like to ask, which tools would I need to disassemble the drone to this point?
Cheers all.

Apparently dji has bricked any help videos.
Like this is the only one to ever get posted and all links loop back to the same 3 min. I just wanted guidance repairing crappy product

I've done this. It's a pain in the arse too. Especially when you have to guess your way through it.

This is what you need to do, really.

1. Go through all the procedures to separate the main body from the legs.
2. There's the plastic thing on the "floor" of the drone body, held in place with four screws. Those need to be removed.
3. Remove the sides on the main control unit.
4. Remove the video cable plastic cover under the main control unit casing by it's 2 screws.
5. There are two cables there. One on top is wrapped in foil and is smaller. That is for the rear vision system, be careful with it. It's held in place with two drops of glue on either side.
6. Peel up plastic floor covering so you can see where the cables are going now.
7. Disconnect rear vision system cable. Beneath that is the gimbal video cable, it looks like a bunch of tiny wires going unprotected into the plug, it is also held in place with 2 dots of glue. Detatch that one and move the vision cable out of the way. I usually use a bit of masking tape for it.
8. On the other side now you will find the power cable for the gimbal. It's the one that's closer to the "back" of the drone. Note the locations of other cables in the bottom of the drone body. Those will have to be replaced to make it all fit together.
9. Now pull the cable grommets out underneath and the whole assembly should come out once you pull out the gimbal dampeners from the body and forward vision system.
10. Now reverse the process to install the new board.
11. ???
12. Profit

All told, the repair should take an hour or so. Be slow and careful. Any slips of a screwdriver could break something off a board or rip a cable.

Also, there's a little plastic thingy for the led light next to the selector switch for computer/phone paring. Be sure not to lose that. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet