Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Reporting illegal operator UK?

Reaction score
I paid a load of money to get my license, and I know for a fact there are people down my way doing paid drone work with no license or insurance.

I looked on the CAA website and it appears they say they do not do anything?

Does anyone have any insight on how to stop these people, or do I just accept nothing will be done.
Obviously I have to factor in the cost of insurance etc to any potential work I do.

I paid a load of money to get my license, and I know for a fact there are people down my way doing paid drone work with no license or insurance.

Does anyone have any insight on how to stop these people, or do I just accept nothing will be done.
Obviously I have to factor in the cost of insurance etc to any potential work I do.
The Police are the ones to report them to. Each force has a drone liaison officer. If you have evidence they may take it further, Even a ticking off is better than nothing...which is all they might get in the first instance.

Reactions: x5yo
You cannot stop it. All it does is feed the need to legislate and ground all drones. I see a lot of TV news with drone shots and I doubt any of them have a license and pulling the "Freedom of the press" stuff out of their hats. I doubt if they care anyways.

Same goes for any business working without a license like tree trimmers, contractors, pot shops, etc. They stop for a while, then start back up again.

Please see this mature post already covering the subject.
UK - Whats The Point Of PFAW

To answer your question - there is nothing you can do. The police will not even respond to a burglary now as it’s a downclassed crime. Johnny flying a drone he got from Maplins will not exactly be on their priority list.
I have asked the CAA the same question after reporting a company for illegal commercial operations over the last 18 months.
I have said I’m not going to bother renewing next year as clearly they do absolutely nothing about illegal operators.
My email has been ignored by them (just like illegal operators).

Please see this mature post already covering the subject.
UK - Whats The Point Of PFAW

To answer your question - there is nothing you can do. The police will not even respond to a burglary now as it’s a downclassed crime. Johnny flying a drone he got from Maplins will not exactly be on their priority list.
I have asked the CAA the same question after reporting a company for illegal commercial operations over the last 18 months.
I have said I’m not going to bother renewing next year as clearly they do absolutely nothing about illegal operators.
My email has been ignored by them (just like illegal operators).
It depends on the individual police force in the area concerned. Some respond more than others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu