Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RTH & auto landing gear override (M600 Pro)

Reaction score
Hi,

If I have the landing gear set to manual, when 'return-to-home' is initiated with the aircraft automatically lower the landing gear prior to landing?

I have asked the same question in the Inspire1 forum, as I need to know if both aircraft do it.
Thanks.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
Hi,

If I have the landing gear set to manual, when 'return-to-home' is initiated with the aircraft automatically lower the landing gear prior to landing?

I have asked the same question in the Inspire1 forum, as I need to know if both aircraft do it.
Thanks.
Please do not double post.
I have deleted your duplicate thread in the Inspire 1 section.

Yes the landing gear will lower on the Inspire (and M600) if RTH is initiated and an auto landing allowed to complete (which is never a good idea anyway).

Since it is a fail-safe rather than a "Hey look how cool this is" feature, manual control is advised as soon as the aircraft returns close enough and complete a manual landing.

Apologies for the double post, but in my defence I did require an aircraft specific confirmation for both, calling on experienced owners of each.

As a UAS operation, we don't do cool - we do safe. Therefore there we have to cover every eventuality and one such event is Pilot incapacitation.
Although all our Observers are pilots, working as a double crew. If for instance the Pilot in Command suffered a sudden cardiac arrest (which can strike the healthiest person), he would drop instantly, the Observer needs to instigate a RTH and begin immediate resuscitation, knowing the drone will land as safely as possible without further incident.

A worst case scenario which I wouldn't wish on anyone, but we still need to prove we can remain safe in the most demanding of circumstances.

Many thanks for your clarification it's been a great help and peace of mind.

Apologies for the double post, but in my defence I did require an aircraft specific confirmation for both, calling on experienced owners of each.

As a UAS operation, we don't do cool - we do safe. Therefore there we have to cover every eventuality and one such event is Pilot incapacitation.
Although all our Observers are pilots, working as a double crew. If for instance the Pilot in Command suffered a sudden cardiac arrest (which can strike the healthiest person), he would drop instantly, the Observer needs to instigate a RTH and begin immediate resuscitation, knowing the drone will land as safely as possible without further incident.

A worst case scenario which I wouldn't wish on anyone, but we still need to prove we can remain safe in the most demanding of circumstances.

Many thanks for your clarification it's been a great help and peace of mind.

Rather than begin new threads, I'll ask here about the M600 ground stability. It always feels to me like it is easily tipped over w/ a wind gust. The A/C is top heavy and sits on a narrow footprint. Has anyone here done anything to improve the landing gear stability?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74